Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate my daughters nick name.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 236 Replies
Her initials are TAG so everyone calls her tag. She doesn't care for it but she doesn't care enough to mention it.

Anyone else's kids have nick names you don't like?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tal0n
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Nope.

Chibi's name lends itself to fairly cool nicknames.  But she hates what my brother calls her..."Bug" which has nothing to do with her name at all.  They're the same age, I swear, no matter what age Chibi is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I hate when black people call  my son Ayrun.  his name is Aaron.  They pronounce it with a long A sound, AYRun.   So weird.  

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:23 AM

No. My daughter doesn't have a nickname I hate.

.Elena
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:23 AM

A few people call my daughter Riel "Rin." Not sure where it comes from, since they don't share common pronunciations (Riel = rye-elle; Rin = reen).

I wouldn't say I dislike it, hell I've found myself calling her that recently too, but it definitely puzzles me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughters initials are MAJ my step mom calls her Madge.  I can't stand it.  They use to have a mangy looking dog named Madge and I guess that's why I can't stand it.  Or maybe it is just because I can't stand my step mom. 

rliperote2
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:24 AM

No i never let that happen they usually are called by what they tell people

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:24 AM

My DD's initails are R.A.C. & my DS's are S.A.C. 

It's not that I don't like them. We just didn't think about it when we named them.

brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:25 AM
That's my brothers nickname, Rin... His name is Barrin though, so it makes sense.

Quoting .Elena:

A few people call my daughter Riel "Rin." Not sure where it comes from, since they don't share common pronunciations (Riel = rye-elle; Rin = reen).

I wouldn't say I dislike it, hell I've found myself calling her that recently too, but it definitely puzzles me.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:26 AM

DD's name is Victoria and both her and I want her to be called Victoria.

Almost everyone at school calls her Vicky which I hate. I knew this could happen because her name is so long but I just loved the name so I named her it anyway.

DD's never really said anything to the kids or teachers, I always refer to her as Victoria hoping it will catch on with the teachers and kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Chibi, really? Is that Chee-bee or chih-bee? Heinous either way......

Quoting Tal0n:

Nope.

Chibi's name lends itself to fairly cool nicknames.  But she hates what my brother calls her..."Bug" which has nothing to do with her name at all.  They're the same age, I swear, no matter what age Chibi is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)