Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Omg i want to scream!! UPDATE

My sister is driving me up the freaking wall! Her and my mom came for a visit and took us to go do baby registries and to just chill for the weekend. Now my sister is at that age whe she is always right. It drives me insane. We were scanning stuff into the registry at a store and i wanted to scan a nursing cover that i liked. My sister, filled with attitude, asked why i needed one. I said for when i am in public or someone is visiting, if the baby is hungry, i can feed it descretely. She went on a rant about how i dont need to be feeding the baby in public, i just shrugged it off.

Then my mom was talking about rice cereal and if i wanted to register it. I told her that i didnt want my baby to have any because i heard bad things. And that i planned to make my own baby food. My mom thought it was a great idea and asked what was going to make. My list included avocado, bananas, and carrots. My sister again went off about how avocados arent good for you ( i know right?!?) and i shouldn't feed my kid that. Again, i just told her the facts and shrugged it off.

Then, she started disciplining my dd, who was confused because she had done nothing wrong. I got pissed. She has spent the entire weekend whining more than my four year old. She complains that my dd is addicted to electronics. Dd played on my ipad for 3 hours, tops, this weekend in 10 minute increments. YOu want to know what my sister has been doing for the last 8 hours? Leeching my wifi and playing on her phone, not exaggerating she has spewed off so many "facts" about child care, 90% of it wrong. She wants to tell me how easy it is to raise a kid. She is neither married, or out of mommies house, never had a boyfriend,nor does she have kids. Want to now how she knows about child raising? She used to babysit, oh and she has a dog. There is sooo much more, but this is too long already.

Ugh.......is there such a thing as justified assult.

UPDATE. Well my mom was asking where i learned to make my own babyfood. I was showing her those videos on babycenter. She thought they and the articles were great. She came across a video about a natural birth in the water. I told her thats what i had wanted to do. My sister says "but they would drown!!" Tha fuck?

Then off to the side the word VBAC caught her eye. She asked what it was. I told her it stood for Vaginal birth after cesarian. She went on and on about how unsafe it was. I informed her that many people have great success with it and if their doctor thinks they are a good candidate for it, they should try if they want to.

I just looked at my mom and told her that she shuld put her in a class or something. And to not let her give her friend pregnancy advice.

I love my family, but only in small doses

Sorry for any typos.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Replies (31-40):
Two_Hearts
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM

The baby would drown??????? WHAT!?!?!? 

I would have laughed right in her face and asked what she thought the baby lived in for the 9-10 months it was in the womb....and see what she said lol.

VintageWife
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:13 AM

LMBO...they would drown? They've been in fluid this whole time and would drown now?  How old is this girl?!?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Wouldn't want to give them anything with too much good stuff in it.

Quoting paganmommy4:

There is nothing wrong with baby cereal.. Avocados are too high in good fat for babies.. Try peaches, and other fruits

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:15 AM

My MIL has a dish towel that says, "Family get togethers are a trip.....to the liquor store."

But you're preggo it sounds like, so no wine for you.  Just wooo saaaaa.

209mom4you
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM
I hope she is not your babysitter
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Just say "look it up, learn something" every time she says something stupid.

I was the perfect parent. Then I had a kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kermitthemom23
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Hehe you should try and record a few of her isms on child rearing and save them to play at her first baby shower :p
SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Seriously? Lol

Quoting paganmommy4:

There is nothing wrong with baby cereal.. Avocados are too high in good fat for babies.. Try peaches, and other fruits

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:22 AM
How old is she?

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

She whines to my mom, and my mom enables that shit. She has too much damn boy drama for someone who has never dated.

Quoting pbjtime87:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

She needs some tough love. My sister would whine and complain, I just stated "you're going to behave like that then I'm leaving and you can whine alone"

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:37 AM
18 can you freqking believe that crap?!

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar:

How old is she?

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

She whines to my mom, and my mom enables that shit. She has too much damn boy drama for someone who has never dated.

Quoting pbjtime87:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

She needs some tough love. My sister would whine and complain, I just stated "you're going to behave like that then I'm leaving and you can whine alone"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)