Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help with food! *ETA new ?*

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:03 AM
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this

WELL not FOOD but what to buy.   How do you make your shopping list?  Is it just what you NEED and running low on?  Do you have a check list and go off of that?  Any sites you use?  It just seems I KNOW what I want and need but I get a few things in the cart then the KIDS put stuff in the cart and I take them out.  Then DH puts stuff in and I try to take it out and hes just like WTF I cant pick stuff out? Then the kids will act up, and everything goes to pot...  Please help.  How do you make shopping easier?

So I think I will be going shopping on Wednesday.(Both of the kids will go back from break that day WOO HOO!) So it will be DD DH and I.  I went online for a free checklist but a lot are to coupon sites that you have to sign up for. Do you have any go-to coupon sites?

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kitchen.ninja
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I will check our basics first to see what I am low on. Rice, flour, sugar, eggs, bread, almond milk, etc...

The I will get out my recipe books and decide what dishes to make for dinner and make my list accordingly.
I don't meal plan breakfast or lunch.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kitchen.ninja
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:07 AM
I should add dh and the kids don't get stiff not on the list unless they ask me.
FL2AK
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:08 AM
I do the same. It works out well. If you are trying to be frugal see what your local grocery store has on sale and plan your meals around the sale items.

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

I will check our basics first to see what I am low on. Rice, flour, sugar, eggs, bread, almond milk, etc...

The I will get out my recipe books and decide what dishes to make for dinner and make my list accordingly.

horseap
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

Will that change once school is out?  Right now lunch is easy either a sandwich or salad or they buy. When school is out I know they will get tired of the two.

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:09 AM

I go grocery shopping by myself. Easiest way to do it. 

DEJavu17
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:10 AM

GO ALONE!!!!!!

always works for me.

paganmommy4
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:11 AM

I dont make a list

kitchen.ninja
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:11 AM
I keep lunch meat, cheese, bread, almond butter, Dino nuggets to bake, fruits and veggies, etc ... for lunch.

With the pantry stuff, eggs, cereal and oatmeal I find I can wing it on breakfast too.

I don't always have bacon around but every so often I do make that too.

Quoting horseap: 
Quoting kitchen.ninja:I will check our basics first to see what I am low on. Rice, flour, sugar, eggs, bread, almond milk, etc...The I will get out my recipe books and decide what dishes to make for dinner and make my list accordingly. I don't meal plan breakfast or lunch.
 Will that change once school is out?  Right now lunch is easy either a sandwich or salad or they buy. When school is out I know they will get tired of the two.
jharve
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:11 AM
I make a list of what I'm going to cook for dinner for the entire week. Then I make another list of what I will need to buy for each meal. I only cook once a day. Breakfast is cereal, legos, fruit yogurt, etc. I pack lunches. I go shopping by myself.
horseap
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Quoting DEJavu17:

GO ALONE!!!!!!

always works for me.

I cant drive =/  DH takes me everywhere and our youngest DD is 18 months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured