Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does it make you better because you didn't get an epidural...? *EDIT

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:27 AM
  • 33 Replies

Is it true?

*i don't feel better than anyone ! I've had two epidurals and I've been looked down for getting one

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemykids732
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Haha, it just made me realize to not opt out of it til it's to late...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HyrulianHeroine
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:30 AM
Idk but I'd like to hear Lol I begged for it with my first and damn well will have it next month.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
robeandslippers
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Hell, I don't know why some would not want to get one! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:32 AM
4 moms liked this

When I had my first, epidurals didn't exist. They preached natural childbirth and the breathing, focus points, and such. So, after doing it once with little choice, I saw that it was bad but not unbearable. I had 4 babies with no pain medication.

That doesn't make me better than you--tougher maybe? That's debatable. Maybe I'm just a glutton for pain? LOL

My DIL had a baby last week with an epidural. I don't hold it against her. I'm just glad she gave me a grandson!

Don't let other people get to you. People will constantly try to put you down for whatever choices you make. If you are okay with it,  then just let them talk.

saralovely129
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Me too !

Quoting HyrulianHeroine:

Idk but I'd like to hear Lol I begged for it with my first and damn well will have it next month.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:34 AM
2 moms liked this

fuck em my first my back omg, if they hadnt given me the epidural I would have committed suicide. Im not kidding.

singlemama0905
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:35 AM
I think a mother makes a decision that's right for her at a time. with ds I went about 34 hrs before I got the epidural and only then because the chance of a csection was high by then because of how long it had been since the dr broke my water. I was also induced and agreed to not bein able to use the birthing ball tub walking etc because of my bp bein high the day before, but that morning it wad perfectly normal and I didnt have any protein in my urine anymore

I'm working with a midwife next time...I refuse to be induced, and don't want an epidural. I would love a home birth but my.state it's illegal for a midwife to assist in a home birth, I'd have to do it unassisted..and the line birthing center here is out because they refuse to do a vbac there.

to each their own, I won't necessarily agree with choices others make but it's not my place to tell them how to go through labor and delivery.
1L2CMommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:38 AM
The only people that care about epidurals past the second their baby is born, are the pretentious, "natural" mom's, that think anyone cares or think it means something that they didn't get one. Nobody cares that much how you gave birth. really, not your mom, or your DH, or the nurses, or doc, and certainly not random strangers on the internet. Nobody cares!
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:44 AM
I've had natural pain free and csection. If take pain free or csection over having a natural birth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:46 AM

NO IMO it makes you stupid LOL nah j/p if you dont like pain get the epi

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured