Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can cats sense pregnancy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Ok so my period was due the 12th but never showed. I have nausea, tired, moody, bloated, and pee like crazy, and weird cravings I have this odd feeling I'm pregnant. Thing is I'm on implanon. But i got pregnant while on mirena and the depo so I'm beginning to think bc and my body does not mix..
Now to my cat she is 10 years old she's always been a lovey type cat but for a few days now she's been all over me, head butting me, pawing at me, talking to me and follows me every where. Can she sense something? I tested a couple days ago when I woke up then again later that day both neg. Could be to soon. Just wonder if she would know before me?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:38 AM
They can... But it's not always pregnancy that makes them extra lovey
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:40 AM
No not all cats only really special ones..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:40 AM

so what other things make them lovey?

Quoting Anonymous:

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:42 AM
I'll use my cats as an example.

There is a big ham in the fridge. They can smell the plate scrapings in the trash. They know it is here. They actually suck up to me to try and get a treat.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Anonymous:

thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:43 AM

lol true

Quoting Anonymous:

There is a big ham in the fridge. They can smell the plate scrapings in the trash. They know it is here. They actually suck up to me to try and get a treat.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Anonymous:

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:44 AM
Nothing like that has changed in our house though same thing in the fridge. She's never been like this since we have had her plus she's usually daddy's girl. And when daddy tries to cuddle with me she will run up to the couch jump up and try to squeeze in by me

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Anonymous:

lendales_mommi
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:45 AM

Yes they have very good instincts my cat who i have had for 6 years waited until I got home from work to give birth TWICE. Literally as soon as I walked in she led me to the closet and started pushing. I swear I love her so much:) I doubt she is physic but that would be cool LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:45 AM
And when I lay down I feel like I have a hard time breathing which has only ever happened when I was pregnant
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:01 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:04 AM

sov you have seen neg preg tests..but think you are still preg b/c your cat wants to snuggle??? Perhaps you should see a doctor!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN