Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To the moms who work out / are in shape.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies

please do not ask me why lol.. but i have 20 days to lose 10 pounds.

i love my shape and size, but like all of us i am imperfect and i have some areas i want to work on. :

i have hip huggers which is my biggest flaw, a shape that could be a "coca bottle shape" has this ugly pudge of muffin top fat on both sides that ive hated for years, and my thighs are getting alittle flabby, and my stomach has a little pudge ill like to get flattened.. to be honest i do not excerise much, when i do i go crazy hard for about 2 weeks to a month straight and stop for about 3 months only to start again with this same routine.

so this is my new plan to lose the weight (those of you who are experienced in "health and excerise" feel free to call me out if these ideas are not helpful or will do me no good, and share some tips to loseing the weight fast!

• food- cutting out all greasy food and carbs, eating strictly salad for the next two weeks (chicken added for protein)
  • cutting out all sodas!- and drinking orange juice, apple juice, lemonade etc... (right now im drinking cranberry juice mixed with water)
  • possibly taking the green bean coffee pills 2 times a day 30 min before a meal.
  • bicycle riding twice a week.

what do you think ladies? is this an effective approach (oh yea and today is my first day quitting cigarettes)

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:01 AM
2 moms liked this
I would just stick to water, no juice, lemonade..
JanetA90
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Te diet seems fine. Try to stay away from sugars unless they're fruits and also try not to consume as much carbs. Instead of doing bicycle riding (which are great for your legs) I would stick to running. Running is the best cardio and type of workout for losing weight. If you want to make it fun, try a Zumba class ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:05 AM
3 moms liked this
No. Cut the juice out it's full of sugar. Stick to water and green tea.
Cut carbs way back add lots of green veggies.
Add walking 4 times a week and do side stretches with a 25lb weight if possible. It will trim your muffin top.

davnrori
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:08 AM

My advice is to cut out the fruit juice too. Eat a piece of fruit instead and drink water. Never drink your calories unless you are planning on making a meal out of it. A regular Coke has about 140 cal/12oz, there are 153 cal/12oz of orange juice, 160 cal/12oz of apple juice, and anywhere from 180 cal/12oz-240 cal/12oz of lemonade (depends on whether you make it at home or drink pre-made). I would also cut out all artificial sweeteners. They are not good for you and may even contribute to weight gain- especially in your abdomen.

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:08 AM
3 moms liked this
The only things I agree with is the cutting out soda and bike riding part.

Getting fit is NOT an overnight process and doing extreme dieting (only salads & green bean coffee pills) you are basically setting yourself up for failure.

If you have an FB account, I suggest liking the page Ripped Goddess for mass motivation.

Moderation, willpower, eating right, exercise, and consistency is the only way you will make it through the health/ get fit journey.

Also, there is no such thing as spot fixing. You are going to have to workout your whole body in order to see results.

I would suggest starting off with a high cardio low weight workout for the first month or two and then start to even out the cardio and weight training.

You cannot be afraid to eat! Your body needs the nutrients and fuel. You just have to learn to eat the healthy way. And I notice a lot of people end up overindulging when they straight up cut out all junk cold turkey. I portion out a snack food for myself at least 3 days a week, you CAN be fit and enjoy some treats too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Leave the juices alone. Stick to water. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:11 AM

It is unhealthy to lose that much that fast.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:11 AM

thnak you i have heard about the weight ball thing before!

Quoting Anonymous:

No. Cut the juice out it's full of sugar. Stick to water and green tea.
Cut carbs way back add lots of green veggies.
Add walking 4 times a week and do side stretches with a 25lb weight if possible. It will trim your muffin top.

Val99
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:11 AM

We are all built differently and when you exercise and eat better you may not lose the weight in your problem areas.  I have a friend that has been working on her butt with a personal trainer for several months.  Yes, she has gotten better toned and lost weight, but her butt looks bigger (her butt grows muscle easily!) and she lost her boobs.

BTW, I would suggest not drinking your calories.  Fruit juices are high in natural sugars.  My registered dietitian told me to cut out all fruit juice over 15 calories a serving.  I drink water, Crystal Light, MIO, etc.  If I want juice I drink the Ocean Spray diet varieties.

Also, you should do cardio 4-5 times a week.

Any way you could just get liposuction on the problem areas?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:12 AM
The juice is full of sugars. Cut them out. Drink water. Buy some flavored water if you must.

Go for a half hour walk everyday. Check out your local Craigslist for some cheap treadmills even.

Eating ONLY salad with added chicken for the next two weeks? No. Eat healthy. Your body adjusts to what your eating and doing.

Egg whites in the morning, salad for lunch, grilled chicken with fresh green beans and broccoli. Leave all the butter crap alone.

Stop eating right before your full, start training your body to eat a little less.

Grapes, strawberries, bananas, oranges, etc.. for snack. Give yourself variety.

Stick to it, be strict.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)