Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To the moms who work out / are in shape.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

please do not ask me why lol.. but i have 20 days to lose 10 pounds.

i love my shape and size, but like all of us i am imperfect and i have some areas i want to work on. :

i have hip huggers which is my biggest flaw, a shape that could be a "coca bottle shape" has this ugly pudge of muffin top fat on both sides that ive hated for years, and my thighs are getting alittle flabby, and my stomach has a little pudge ill like to get flattened.. to be honest i do not excerise much, when i do i go crazy hard for about 2 weeks to a month straight and stop for about 3 months only to start again with this same routine.

so this is my new plan to lose the weight (those of you who are experienced in "health and excerise" feel free to call me out if these ideas are not helpful or will do me no good, and share some tips to loseing the weight fast!

• food- cutting out all greasy food and carbs, eating strictly salad for the next two weeks (chicken added for protein)
  • cutting out all sodas!- and drinking orange juice, apple juice, lemonade etc... (right now im drinking cranberry juice mixed with water)
  • possibly taking the green bean coffee pills 2 times a day 30 min before a meal.
  • bicycle riding twice a week.

what do you think ladies? is this an effective approach (oh yea and today is my first day quitting cigarettes)

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Replies (21-30):
Kerannmer
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Weight loss is 80% diet, 20% exercise, and even that takes time. If you lose 10 pounds in 20 days, it will be mostly water weight, and some muscle mass, and not fat loss.

Your best bet is to cut out all sugars, refined and natural (so no fruit juice!), and stick with plain water and lemon. Green tea is okay, too.

Salad is always a good choice if you're using dark greens; iceberg lettuce has zero nutritional value, and if you're going to essentially starve your body, you want to get as much out of your food, nutritionally, as you can. Stay away from anything that says low or no fat...that just tricks your body and doesn't really do much in the way of weight loss. It's better to go for a whole food in a smaller portion.

Up your exercise. Try to get in 30 minutes a day/6 days a week. Since you won't be able to lose 10 lbs. of fat, 20 days of toning can make it appear as if you've lost some weight.

Good luck, Mama! It's best to start a healthy routine now and stick with it so that it's never a rush to have to lose weight. Hope you find something that works for you!

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:37 AM
The diet is way too extreme. Carbs are essential. You just need to eat tge good ones (fruits and whole grains) and stay away from simple refined carbs (sugar, white flour) Also being smart about when you eat carbs is key.

My rules are:

Drink a gallon of water every day.

Protein with every meal and snack

No more then 4 hours without eating something

No carbs after 5 pm

When I follow my rules to a t I can easily drop 10-15 lbs in 3 weeks. I just suck at following them

And juices aren't any better than soda. If youre going to drink juice you might as well drink dr pepper. They have similar ammounts of sugar and juices lack all fiber and most nutrients thst make fruit good for you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
N_maricle
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:38 AM

You realize those juices have just as many calories as soda? Losing that 10 lbs will take longer than 20 days. 2 lbs a week is the maximum you can lose healthfully.

Jodi136525
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Cut that juice.  Bring your carbs under 20 grams per day (Remember that fruits and veggies do have carbs so take this into account. If you really need to cut the weight cut the fruit if it won't fit in, and just eat your veggies because they are lower in carbs than fruit.).  Lots of protein-50-60 grams should do it. Lean cuts of meat and fish for this, and you can supplement with a high protein, low carb shake.  Slimfast actually has one now.  I also like the  carb solutions too. Avoid excess sodium.  Drink water and lots of it.  For your calcium, there is an unsweetened 30cal almond milk out that has 2g carbs per serving and isn't too bad. Do as much cardio as possible--walk, run, jump rope, bike, skate, fitness videos.  Be prepared that if you do lose quickly this way and want to keep it up, you'll have to gradually introduce carbs and maintain your exercise.   Keep total cals from 1200-1500.  You want to go low but not into starvation mode, and i'm not sure how much you typically eat in a day. Also, take a vitamin if you are doing this because this does qualify as a crash diet and maintained long-term is not healthy.  If you had more time and struggle managing your own nutrition a good friend of mine lost about 50lbs on Medifast.  I'm not pushing that as it may be pricey...she claims it isn't though.  I know on their website they have recipe ideas, and it is a low-carb diet so you may get some ideas from the site.  Even if you don't lose all the weight you'd like in those 20 days you'll still feel great about putting the effort in.  That is if you arent cranky from cutting carbs and busting your butt every day  :) The crankiness and sugar cravings will go away though. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Not all carbs are bad. Try to stay away from complex carbs after a certain time, like the cut off could be 7pm. I would suggest cutting out all refined sugars, and stick to drinking water and the occasional unsweetened tea (or using just a tab bit if something like stevia). Cardio is great for burning fat, but it depends on the cardio. Also maybe try sit-ups and crunches.
Val99
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:44 AM

It's typically not covered under insurance because it's a cosmetic procedure.  Prices vary greatly all over the country, so I would suggest Googling plastic surgeons in your area, and looking at some of the pictures of their work.  Many plastic surgeons have them online.

Quoting Anonymous:

really? do you know how much it normally runs? is it covered by insurance?

Quoting Val99:

Actually,  body contouring and "small pudges" is what Liposuction is for.  It's not a means to lose a lot of weight or make large changes.  Just reduce a little muffin top pudge, or contour your thighs in a more pleasing way.

Quoting Anonymous:

thank you for the responses!! def am realizing fruit juice is a no no :( but i will sacrifice, i havent thought of lipo just because there not that overwhelming, there pretty small pudges... but noticable to me

Quoting Val99:

We are all built differently and when you exercise and eat better you may not lose the weight in your problem areas.  I have a friend that has been working on her butt with a personal trainer for several months.  Yes, she has gotten better toned and lost weight, but her butt looks bigger (her butt grows muscle easily!) and she lost her boobs.

BTW, I would suggest not drinking your calories.  Fruit juices are high in natural sugars.  My registered dietitian told me to cut out all fruit juice over 15 calories a serving.  I drink water, Crystal Light, MIO, etc.  If I want juice I drink the Ocean Spray diet varieties.

Also, you should do cardio 4-5 times a week.

Any way you could just get liposuction on the problem areas?

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:46 AM
You aren't going to lose weight by drinking juice. Drink lots of water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Army-Wife0128
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:50 AM

DH always does a cleanser before starting a workout . The Cleaner works amazing and it cleans you our completely and also lose a little weight since it's taking all the yuky stuff out of you. They sell at at GNC. Also, DH was telling me that there was a girl that wanted t join the army but she was overweight,. She was a bit over 160. Well for two weeks she did kickboxing and right after would jump in the pool and do laps for about and hour or so. Then all she would eat were apple slices and water and on Friday she went in to get ther weight and see if she was able to join, and she had gone down to 141. I got very tempted in trying that lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:55 AM

very informative thank you! queick question right now i  am drinking half water and half cranberry juice is that alot of sugar?

Quoting Anonymous:

You actually have a semi-realistic goal. Don't be upset if in 2 weeks you're not losing any weight. Your liver has stored all the excess fat and it has to rid itself first before it can start with any other fat cells. It could take a little while.

Secondly, make this a life-style change.

Lastly, cut out any fruit juice. You might as well be drinking soda if you're going to drink juices.
Try water with cut up oranges, lemons, raspberries, strawberries, etc. Prepare it before you go to bed and allow the fruit to sit. It's delicious. The recommended amount of water intake you need is half of your weight, in ounces. If you weigh 200lbs, you need 100oz. of water a day, more if you're working out hard.

Don't just eat salads. You will get sick to death of salads. Add variety. Salads aren't always a good thing. Make yourself a smoothie. I drink a smoothie two times a day and I get my nutrition. I, personally, make 2. 1. Banana, spinach, kale, peanut butter, plain greek yogurt, cocoa powder. Another is. Spinach, Kale, Celery, Cucumber, Kiwi, Banana, and raw honey.

Eat poultry, fish, legumes, beans nuts and leafy greens for your protein. Don't over do your protein because it can hurt your liver.

As far as exercises....

Riding a bike twice a week isn't sufficient. For your goal, I suggest riding 5 days a week for about 30-45 minutes. It can be a stroll around the park, you need to sweat and have to work at it in order for it to be effective.

Add some strength training into your work out to tone up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM

It's not great but the more water you add, the more you cut out the sugars. As much as I don't like extra chemicals but to transition into only water, MIO, Crystal Light, etc....is a great way to start.

Quoting Anonymous:

very informative thank you! queick question right now i  am drinking half water and half cranberry juice is that alot of sugar?

Quoting Anonymous:

You actually have a semi-realistic goal. Don't be upset if in 2 weeks you're not losing any weight. Your liver has stored all the excess fat and it has to rid itself first before it can start with any other fat cells. It could take a little while.

Secondly, make this a life-style change.

Lastly, cut out any fruit juice. You might as well be drinking soda if you're going to drink juices.
Try water with cut up oranges, lemons, raspberries, strawberries, etc. Prepare it before you go to bed and allow the fruit to sit. It's delicious. The recommended amount of water intake you need is half of your weight, in ounces. If you weigh 200lbs, you need 100oz. of water a day, more if you're working out hard.

Don't just eat salads. You will get sick to death of salads. Add variety. Salads aren't always a good thing. Make yourself a smoothie. I drink a smoothie two times a day and I get my nutrition. I, personally, make 2. 1. Banana, spinach, kale, peanut butter, plain greek yogurt, cocoa powder. Another is. Spinach, Kale, Celery, Cucumber, Kiwi, Banana, and raw honey.

Eat poultry, fish, legumes, beans nuts and leafy greens for your protein. Don't over do your protein because it can hurt your liver.

As far as exercises....

Riding a bike twice a week isn't sufficient. For your goal, I suggest riding 5 days a week for about 30-45 minutes. It can be a stroll around the park, you need to sweat and have to work at it in order for it to be effective.

Add some strength training into your work out to tone up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN