Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To the moms who work out / are in shape.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

please do not ask me why lol.. but i have 20 days to lose 10 pounds.

i love my shape and size, but like all of us i am imperfect and i have some areas i want to work on. :

i have hip huggers which is my biggest flaw, a shape that could be a "coca bottle shape" has this ugly pudge of muffin top fat on both sides that ive hated for years, and my thighs are getting alittle flabby, and my stomach has a little pudge ill like to get flattened.. to be honest i do not excerise much, when i do i go crazy hard for about 2 weeks to a month straight and stop for about 3 months only to start again with this same routine.

so this is my new plan to lose the weight (those of you who are experienced in "health and excerise" feel free to call me out if these ideas are not helpful or will do me no good, and share some tips to loseing the weight fast!

• food- cutting out all greasy food and carbs, eating strictly salad for the next two weeks (chicken added for protein)
  • cutting out all sodas!- and drinking orange juice, apple juice, lemonade etc... (right now im drinking cranberry juice mixed with water)
  • possibly taking the green bean coffee pills 2 times a day 30 min before a meal.
  • bicycle riding twice a week.

what do you think ladies? is this an effective approach (oh yea and today is my first day quitting cigarettes)

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:04 AM

i am so up for kick boxing

Quoting Army-Wife0128:

DH always does a cleanser before starting a workout . The Cleaner works amazing and it cleans you our completely and also lose a little weight since it's taking all the yuky stuff out of you. They sell at at GNC. Also, DH was telling me that there was a girl that wanted t join the army but she was overweight,. She was a bit over 160. Well for two weeks she did kickboxing and right after would jump in the pool and do laps for about and hour or so. Then all she would eat were apple slices and water and on Friday she went in to get ther weight and see if she was able to join, and she had gone down to 141. I got very tempted in trying that lol.

Eliots_momma
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Cardio burns more calories while you are working out but weight training burns calories afterwards too.

Cut out sugar entirely. Choose lots of veggies and lean proteins.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:12 AM
No juice, rethink the salad idea. You will get bored and indulge. Try fruit smoothies made with almond milk for breakfast or something else low fat/low cal and filling, maybe huevos rancheros, hummus especially if you make your own (to control the calories/fat content) with raw veggies, salads and protein are fine- watch your dressings.
Kimmie.Miller
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I sell Visi Trimma, wellness, and energy drinks. No work out or diet just take the trimma pill with water faithfully every day. My mom has lost 9 1/2 pounds in 9 days and ive lost inches. All products are 100% natural and can be taken with any medication. Please feel free to msg me :-)

Army-Wife0128
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Yeah me too. I hear it's a great workout and you burn a lot of calories but my gym also has treadmills and spinning classes underwater so i might give that a try and hope i burn more calories.  

Quoting Anonymous:

i am so up for kick boxing

Quoting Army-Wife0128:

DH always does a cleanser before starting a workout . The Cleaner works amazing and it cleans you our completely and also lose a little weight since it's taking all the yuky stuff out of you. They sell at at GNC. Also, DH was telling me that there was a girl that wanted t join the army but she was overweight,. She was a bit over 160. Well for two weeks she did kickboxing and right after would jump in the pool and do laps for about and hour or so. Then all she would eat were apple slices and water and on Friday she went in to get ther weight and see if she was able to join, and she had gone down to 141. I got very tempted in trying that lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Riding a bike twice a week is not sufficient exercise. You need to do three days a week of cardio and two days of strength training, IMO. Especially if you are trying to lose it fast.

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

so this is my new plan to lose the weight (those of you who are experienced in "health and excerise" feel free to call me out if these ideas are not helpful or will do me no good, and share some tips to loseing the weight fast!There is no such thing as a good healthy fast weight loss. Sorry, but there isn't. A healthy weight loss is 1-2 lbs per week and you are aiming for 3 lbs per week. I'm curious as to what your starting weight is and goal weight in 20 days.  

• food- cutting out all greasy food and carbs, eating strictly salad for the next two weeks (chicken added for protein)Oh my... NO! Definitely cut the crap foods, but salads for 2 weeks?? No.. you will get bored and this leads to binging. You need the following: 

Lean proteins: chicken, turkey, seafood, limited beef and pork, eggs

Whole grains ( if you choose to consume them): pastas, breads, tortillas, barley, lentils, oats, cereals

Produce: fresh and frozen ( avoid canned as there is very little nutritional value)

Healthy fats: olive oil, coconut oil, ghee ( clarified butter), nuts, nut butters, avocadoes

Water: take your weight and divide by 2. This is a general guideline of how many oz you should drink daily. 

Dairy: if you choose to consume it, watch the low and no fat versions as they have too many preservatives in them and loaded with sodium. 

• cutting out all sodas!- and drinking orange juice, apple juice, lemonade etc... (right now im drinking cranberry juice mixed with water)Ditch the juice. Period. It is loaded with sugar. Drink water only. You can flavor it with lemons, limes, oranges, berries, cucumber, melons, mint, etc..
  • possibly taking the green bean coffee pills 2 times a day 30 min before a meal.NO!!!! There is NO scientific evidence that this crap works. Just because Dr. Oz promotes a fad diet does not mean it works. There is no reason to take something that is a gimmick and makes promises that won't happen. 
  • bicycle riding twice a week.Is this all the exercise you plan on? If so, it is not going to work for you. You need 4-5 days of cardio. This means having an elevated heart rate for 30-45 minutes at a time. It will help to blast fat. You also need strength training of some sort ( body weight or using weights-heavy if possible). By pulling weights you will build more muscle. When you have more lean muscle mass, you will burn more calories at rest as well as during workouts. It is a double win! Flexibility training is also a must. As we age, we lose our flexibility, so doing some form of training weekly at least twice will help your range of motion. 

Let me know if you need help.. I will be taking my Personal Trainer exam in the next few weeks. :-) 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:36 AM

It scares me that you are quitting cigarettes and doing a drastic diet at the same time. I mean good for you for getting off the nicotine, but that is normally a time when the sweet cravings kick in.

Lots of juice is very high in sugar. Maybe "no sugar added" cranberry juice with seltzer water? I would drink A LOT of water. Perhaps flavor it with mint leaves, blueberries and/or lemon.  Green tea is good for increasing metabolism.

Miso soup is delicious and filling. Watch out for calorie-laden salad dressings. You need some carbs to burn for exercise and to prevent cramping. Therefore, if you're going to cheat with maybe 1/2 bagel or something, do that 30 minutes to an hour before exercising, or eat your spaghetti dinner (whole wheat pasta) after a bike ride.

I would increase the exercise. In addition to the 2x week bike riding, I would do an aerobics class at least twice a week -- go to one or do it via TV/video, and get some strength training in there using weights.

My weekly exercise just to maintain my weight is 1 hour of walking a day, 3 hours of aerobic exercise a week (elliptical machine, jogging, aerobics class), at least 2 hours of strength training a week (either a class or on my own), plus biking on the weekends.  Of course age has something to do with it, and my metabolism has definitely slowed down.

Good luck.

marihla
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:45 AM

No juice is right, just drink water or club soda. You can find some exercises that you like, yoga can be fun and easy to stick to, walk everywhere you can!

mich.el.le
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Oh boy. You've got your work cut out for you. Honestly, I think you need to change your lifestyle 1 thing at a time. Start your new eating habits or quit smoking. Both is going to be stress and craving hell. You can't just eat chicken and salad for 2 weeks. SO unhealthy and your body will quit burning fat because you're starving it. Carbs are ENERGY! Your body needs them. Fruit (no juice) and complex carbs are necessary.  Bike riding is great, but I would do more than that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN