Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To the moms who work out / are in shape.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

please do not ask me why lol.. but i have 20 days to lose 10 pounds.

i love my shape and size, but like all of us i am imperfect and i have some areas i want to work on. :

i have hip huggers which is my biggest flaw, a shape that could be a "coca bottle shape" has this ugly pudge of muffin top fat on both sides that ive hated for years, and my thighs are getting alittle flabby, and my stomach has a little pudge ill like to get flattened.. to be honest i do not excerise much, when i do i go crazy hard for about 2 weeks to a month straight and stop for about 3 months only to start again with this same routine.

so this is my new plan to lose the weight (those of you who are experienced in "health and excerise" feel free to call me out if these ideas are not helpful or will do me no good, and share some tips to loseing the weight fast!

• food- cutting out all greasy food and carbs, eating strictly salad for the next two weeks (chicken added for protein)
  • cutting out all sodas!- and drinking orange juice, apple juice, lemonade etc... (right now im drinking cranberry juice mixed with water)
  • possibly taking the green bean coffee pills 2 times a day 30 min before a meal.
  • bicycle riding twice a week.

what do you think ladies? is this an effective approach (oh yea and today is my first day quitting cigarettes)

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Replies (41-45):
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I would try to exercise 20-30 minutes every day and I would limit your fruit juices. They have a lot of sugar. Make sure you are getting enough proteint and not just chicken. Salad is not always the best thing to eat. Any green leafy vegetable is good. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM

It sounds pretty good, but also unrealistic. I guess if you're trying to do a fast diet that has no long term benefits, it would help you lose those 10 pounds, but I know I needed a lifestyle change, and eating salad every day would have made me crash in NO time. I suggest joining Myfitnesspal and just tracking your calories. You can set it to where you lose a certain amount of weight.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:00 PM

wow! Thank you! Everyones answers were very informative but this answer feels like i can print it and read it daily as a reminder of all of the things i was missing in my routine, i wouldve wasted 2 weeks of not losing anything lol.. thanks again!

oh to answer your question i weigh 156 last time i checked and before then i was 160 (when i was pregnant) i had dd 7 months ago , i am  5"5

Quoting mcginnisc:

so this is my new plan to lose the weight (those of you who are experienced in "health and excerise" feel free to call me out if these ideas are not helpful or will do me no good, and share some tips to loseing the weight fast!There is no such thing as a good healthy fast weight loss. Sorry, but there isn't. A healthy weight loss is 1-2 lbs per week and you are aiming for 3 lbs per week. I'm curious as to what your starting weight is and goal weight in 20 days.  

• food- cutting out all greasy food and carbs, eating strictly salad for the next two weeks (chicken added for protein)Oh my... NO! Definitely cut the crap foods, but salads for 2 weeks?? No.. you will get bored and this leads to binging. You need the following: 

Lean proteins: chicken, turkey, seafood, limited beef and pork, eggs

Whole grains ( if you choose to consume them): pastas, breads, tortillas, barley, lentils, oats, cereals

Produce: fresh and frozen ( avoid canned as there is very little nutritional value)

Healthy fats: olive oil, coconut oil, ghee ( clarified butter), nuts, nut butters, avocadoes

Water: take your weight and divide by 2. This is a general guideline of how many oz you should drink daily. 

Dairy: if you choose to consume it, watch the low and no fat versions as they have too many preservatives in them and loaded with sodium. 

• cutting out all sodas!- and drinking orange juice, apple juice, lemonade etc... (right now im drinking cranberry juice mixed with water)Ditch the juice. Period. It is loaded with sugar. Drink water only. You can flavor it with lemons, limes, oranges, berries, cucumber, melons, mint, etc..
  • possibly taking the green bean coffee pills 2 times a day 30 min before a meal.NO!!!! There is NO scientific evidence that this crap works. Just because Dr. Oz promotes a fad diet does not mean it works. There is no reason to take something that is a gimmick and makes promises that won't happen. 
  • bicycle riding twice a week.Is this all the exercise you plan on? If so, it is not going to work for you. You need 4-5 days of cardio. This means having an elevated heart rate for 30-45 minutes at a time. It will help to blast fat. You also need strength training of some sort ( body weight or using weights-heavy if possible). By pulling weights you will build more muscle. When you have more lean muscle mass, you will burn more calories at rest as well as during workouts. It is a double win! Flexibility training is also a must. As we age, we lose our flexibility, so doing some form of training weekly at least twice will help your range of motion. 

Let me know if you need help.. I will be taking my Personal Trainer exam in the next few weeks. :-) 

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

wow! Thank you! Everyones answers were very informative but this answer feels like i can print it and read it daily as a reminder of all of the things i was missing in my routine, i wouldve wasted 2 weeks of not losing anything lol.. thanks again!

oh to answer your question i weigh 156 last time i checked and before then i was 160 (when i was pregnant) i had dd 7 months ago , i am  5"5

Quoting mcginnisc:

so this is my new plan to lose the weight (those of you who are experienced in "health and excerise" feel free to call me out if these ideas are not helpful or will do me no good, and share some tips to loseing the weight fast!There is no such thing as a good healthy fast weight loss. Sorry, but there isn't. A healthy weight loss is 1-2 lbs per week and you are aiming for 3 lbs per week. I'm curious as to what your starting weight is and goal weight in 20 days.  

• food- cutting out all greasy food and carbs, eating strictly salad for the next two weeks (chicken added for protein)Oh my... NO! Definitely cut the crap foods, but salads for 2 weeks?? No.. you will get bored and this leads to binging. You need the following: 

Lean proteins: chicken, turkey, seafood, limited beef and pork, eggs

Whole grains ( if you choose to consume them): pastas, breads, tortillas, barley, lentils, oats, cereals

Produce: fresh and frozen ( avoid canned as there is very little nutritional value)

Healthy fats: olive oil, coconut oil, ghee ( clarified butter), nuts, nut butters, avocadoes

Water: take your weight and divide by 2. This is a general guideline of how many oz you should drink daily. 

Dairy: if you choose to consume it, watch the low and no fat versions as they have too many preservatives in them and loaded with sodium. 

• cutting out all sodas!- and drinking orange juice, apple juice, lemonade etc... (right now im drinking cranberry juice mixed with water)Ditch the juice. Period. It is loaded with sugar. Drink water only. You can flavor it with lemons, limes, oranges, berries, cucumber, melons, mint, etc..
  • possibly taking the green bean coffee pills 2 times a day 30 min before a meal.NO!!!! There is NO scientific evidence that this crap works. Just because Dr. Oz promotes a fad diet does not mean it works. There is no reason to take something that is a gimmick and makes promises that won't happen. 
  • bicycle riding twice a week.Is this all the exercise you plan on? If so, it is not going to work for you. You need 4-5 days of cardio. This means having an elevated heart rate for 30-45 minutes at a time. It will help to blast fat. You also need strength training of some sort ( body weight or using weights-heavy if possible). By pulling weights you will build more muscle. When you have more lean muscle mass, you will burn more calories at rest as well as during workouts. It is a double win! Flexibility training is also a must. As we age, we lose our flexibility, so doing some form of training weekly at least twice will help your range of motion. 

Let me know if you need help.. I will be taking my Personal Trainer exam in the next few weeks. :-) 

You are not at a high enough weight that you will be able to lose that much weight in such a short span of time... 

Here are the ideal weight ranges for your height. 

Small boned frame: 114-123 lbs

Medium boned frame: 120-136 lbs

Large boned frame: 129-146 lbs 

I'm glad that I helped you a bit. 

One thing I would recommend is for you to join a website such as myfitnesspal. It will give you a realistic idea of how many calories you are eating daily. I can help you figure out how many calories you should eat daily to lose 1-2 lbs per week.. 10 is slightly unrealistic in 3 weeks, but you can do at least 6 which is 2 lbs per week. I know it isn't what you really want, but it is healthy and will get you started on what you really want in the long run. You are pretty close to an ideal weight already depending on your frame, which is another reason why it will be difficult for you. If you want me to calculate your caloric needs, I would need your age and how many days per week you plan on working out per week. 

Let me know if I can help you. :-) 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

.strawberry.
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:56 PM

First of all, 10lbs is a lot of weight so please don't get discouraged if you can't lose it in that amount of time.  Normal weight loss is 2lbs per week.  Initially, you may lose a lot due to water weight so there is still a chance!

My advice:  drink water, drink water, drink water!  Water will help move your bowels, flush out toxins, and drinking water actually decreases water weight.

You want to lose weight fast?  EAT CLEAN.   Every plate should be 50% veggies.  Eat only lean meats, avoid pasta and breads and instead eat PORTIONED grains like brown rice, quinoa, and lentils, beans.  Consider going without dairy because you can get the nutrients from plant sources AND it's just added fats that are bad for your body and high in calories.  If you are worried,  drink almond or hemp or flax milk which is loaded with nutrients and great for you  (this is just my personal opinion, if you want to eat dairy go for it!  I just personally eat cleaner when I avoid it).

Keep busy, this will help with cigarettes as well. Sometimes it helps to get out of your environment.  Go sit at the park, take a leisurely walk with  the kids (great bonding time, too).   Clean!

And come on here and bitch if you get stressed out ;-)

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)