Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why is it when someone does you a favor.....

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:07 AM
  • 34 Replies
They think they have the right to be inconsiderate?

Our neighbor takes our dd to school, its a little over 5 miles away but we live too close by less.than half a mile for her to catch the bus. Well this morning as I'm walking home from taking my boys.to.there bus she stops me and says, oh I can't take Kendra this morning Mia has a DRs appointment. I say oh I hope she's feeling ok. She says yes, its just her yearly check up. Soooo you KNEW abouy this appointment before this morning but waited to tell me, nice THANKS.

So we have a back up plan just incase, my sil said she could take her every so often when our neighbor couldn't, but she wouldn't be able to do it on a regular. Well, sil back home in California for the week on vacation. Well I have a back up for the back up and thankfully they are home (they went to Dallas for Easter and were not going to be back till today but came home yesterday evening.

I know she's doing us a favor, and I really appreciate it, have told her many times how much I appreciate her, have offered to watch there kids numerous times as a thank you because we appreciate her giving our kid a ride. BUT just because she is doing us a favor doesn't mean she can be inconsiderate does it? I would never do something like that to people, maybe I'm just different but I am upset she would do that. Thankfully I have a way to get her to school but with my sil being in California if my friends had not come home from Dallas early I have no idea how I would get her to school.

Do you think someone doing a favor doesn't have to be considerate?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
audreesmama
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Ehh I don't rely on other people period, because they are inconsiderate.
Trixi.VonLace
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I wish I didn't have to but with dh work schedual being what it is, we don't have a choice :(

Quoting audreesmama:

audreesmama
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:17 AM
That sucks. I'm guessing you only have 1 car? I absolutely hate depending on others. I have massive anxiety attacks lol!

No, she doesn't have the right to be inconsiderate, but she chooses to be. That's pathetic. She should be a woman of her word.

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

I wish I didn't have to but with dh work schedual being what it is, we don't have a choice :(

Quoting audreesmama:

JulesFairy
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:17 AM
I agree. I also agree for the flip side. I use to give a girl a ride to school since her mom had no way of getting her there and its a 30 minute drive that would have been a 2 hour bus commute. I hated showing up at the scheduled time of 720 to find she wasnt ready yet. Some days it was let me get me shoes on, but mostly it was brush teeth, brush hair, put dog away, then FIND shoes, and put them on. It was enough to make me say I would never want to carpool because if this is how people behave when they have no other choice I would hate to see how relaxed they are when they could go themselves.
When I had a very sick little one and couldnt take the other girl to school the next day I always called as soon as I knew. One time that was 3 am, but I needed her to find alternate arrangments or decide to keep her home. Im sure that may be considered rude as well but most mornings she didnt get up with her daughter so i knew i was going to be waking her no matter what I did.
Iron_Beauty
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:19 AM

why can she not ride a bus?

Nevermind didn't see that part. LOL

christina0607
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe she just forgot. With 3 kids I forget appointments on a regular basis, until my planner reminds me. 

SammiBaby
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:20 AM
It's definitely not a justifiable reason to be inconsiderate. If you were to be taking advantage of her all the time, never offer to pay her back for her troubles, etc. then I could see why she would be a bit inconsiderate. Doesn't seem to be the case here though.

I'd brush it off for now though. I'm sure at some point you'll be reminded how she is doing you a favor and shouldn't have to give you notice. I disagree with that though.
Nicole1357
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I think it was very inconsiderate and no it's not okay. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Why don't you take her
delilahsmom1177
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

IDK I'd give her the benifit of the doubt..maybe she forgot or maybe she made the appt this morning. IDK I'm sorry that sucks. My mom used to cancel on me all the time.

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)