Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Marriage counseling and haven't been married a year.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
1 mom liked this
Do you think we're doomed? We've been together for a little over three years, we had only been together for a few months when I got pregnant.

After dd was born he took off for about three months, he was super drink and would come over to see her for like five minutes a week, call me a bitch and leave. After that he was super sorry and whatever, he got me to forgive him and we got back together.
We got married in June of 2012, shortly after our dds first birthday. In August I found out I was pregnant again. I'm currently 9 months.

We don't scream and fight, we don't hit each other, we just ignore each other when one is mad. Until it caused serious issues.
He has in the past texted an ex of his in a very sexual way, had she not been two states away I know they would have hooked up. That was at the beginning of our relationship, I was like 5 months pregnant with dd.
Well two nights ago I was playing mrs. Pacman on his phone when it got a message, I opened it to make it go away it said something like "yeah we should all hang out"
He was texting an ex coworker of mine, they've been friends for years. The text that hurt me said "you know I've always had a thing for you, but I'm glad we are good friends"

I know it seems dramatic, but I'm ready to walk away, we haven't been together very long and if we have to put this much effort in already... He begged and pleaded to see a marriage counsler, he says he's depressed and wasn't looking for cheating, he just needed his ego rubbed but that's just as bad.
He disrespected me and our kids by doing that, I see this girl on a weekly bases.

I'm sorry if that was hard to understand, I'm just frustrated. He text me saying we have an appointment this Thursday, but I don't know if I want to go with him.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Bumpppp
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Yes, bye bye marriage honestly is my thoughts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM
I love him sooo much, but I just don't feel like its worth it. I don't think he lives me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Id wait until after counseling to decide if you're doomed or not.
Dh and I got married may '12 and we're starting counseling today! And we've been through actual infidelity so hopefully a good counselor can fix us :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Well try to make it work but if it doesn't don't feel guilty about leaving. It's better than you wasting 15 yrs of your life the way I did.

Quoting Anonymous:I love him sooo much, but I just don't feel like its worth it. I don't think he lives me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:08 AM
I just know he's one step away from actually cheating, I don't trust him. It's not a good feeling.
Good luck to you guys, I hope it all works out for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Dh and I got married may '12 and we're starting counseling today! And we've been through actual infidelity so hopefully a good counselor can fix us :)
EvilAsh
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:10 AM

At least you're working to fix the issues. My husband and I split up not even a month after we got married. We had been together 5 years before that though. We worked out the issues and we're fine now, 2 years later.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:13 AM
He's talking to other women, yes its cheating in my book. Once trust is broken its never gonna be the same. Even if you forgive the guy 100% that broken piece will always be there. I'd wait til counseling before deciding anything. He may open up more and the real problem is him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Then now is a good time for counseling for you guys. It's worth a shot right? Try to pet his ego a little more, when we forget to give our partner attention they feel unloved. I was the one who stepped out in my marriage and I can tell you that if he set up counseling by himself he is probably sorry and doesnt want to cheat either.

Quoting Anonymous:

I just know he's one step away from actually cheating, I don't trust him. It's not a good feeling.

Good luck to you guys, I hope it all works out for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)