Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Being a submissive wife won't work

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

if your husband doesn't have a dominate personality.  If your husband is submissive by nature...someone is gonna need to step up.  I know a girl who is leaving her husband because she wants to be a submissive wife and he wont step up

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amberlyp
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Oh
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
caito
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:41 AM

That's true in my marriage. Neither of us are dominant or submissive. Just depends on the day and the circumstances. The dom/sub thing would never ever work.

sstef126
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:41 AM

So she wants to leave a man who is kind for a domineering asshole? WTF?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

This couple has been married 15 years.  They have three kids.  You would think that his being submissive is something she would have figured out a long time ago.

Quoting caito:

That's true in my marriage. Neither of us are dominant or submissive. Just depends on the day and the circumstances. The dom/sub thing would never ever work.

Mommy2b2many
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Isn't it the same way if a wife has a dominate personality and she won't step down? It takes 2 to tango... fake it til you make it? But what does she want him to do? My husband isn't the most dominate man in the world; yah I wish he's be more so; but I wouldn't leave him over it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:43 AM

She wants someone to run the household.  She wants boudaries and stuff. 

Quoting sstef126:

Octobersmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

It wouldn't work for us because my husband, in his words, wants to be married to an equal in all aspects.  Neither of us is in charge of anything.  We literally discuss everything, even renting movies at the Redbox.  It's what works for us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:43 AM

She probably doesn't even know what that even is, she just wants him to slap her fanny during sex...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Dominant does not mean domineering asshole. Get some factual information before you post!

Quoting sstef126:

Freela
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Agree. My dh is very mellow and delegates a lot of stuff to me. It works because I am a more forceful personality than him most of the time. If I were 'submissive' nothing would get done around here- EVER! I don't think we would have ended up together if I were the submissive wife type. We balance each other out personality-wise.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)