Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is she too young

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
My dd is 12. She got her pariod for the first time at age 11. She's always just used pads. Well this morning my sister called because my dd was over there spending the night. This morning my dd got her pariod but all my sister uses are tampons. I've always been scared to allow her to use tampons. I heard a young girl shouldn't use tampons until she's at least sexually active. How true is that? Am I just being over cautious?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EvilAsh
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:02 AM

What's a pariod?

EvilAsh
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:02 AM

and that's ridiculous that she can't use a tampon before being sexually active. I was using tampons for a good 2-3 years before I had sex. Why would you think that?

Tiff_R_92
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Period*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:03 AM
.... I don't know
sarah427
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:03 AM
2 moms liked this
Not true at all. Just make sure she uses the correct "flow" (light, medium, etc).
Xat
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I don't know but I didn't start my period until I was 16 and I have only used tampons even before I was sexually active. Hopefully someone will know for sure if it is safe.
rockgal81
by Steph on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I got mine at 11 also and I had to use tampons in a jam once because thats all that was available. As long as she uses the regular or slim tampons, I think she'll be fine :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

you have a 12 year old and you can't spell period correctly?

Jennyanne322
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I used tampons the day I got my period. I wasn't sexually active for many years. Just make sure that she puts it in right and uses the right size.
Birdseed
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:04 AM

The main thing with using tampons vs pads is remembering to remove them in a timely manner to prevent TSS.

We all had to use tampons when we were on swim team in MS.  Can't be going around in a pad in the pool.  

Personally, I used a pad maybe twice in my whole life.  I cannot stand the feeling of a waddling around wearing a telephone book between my legs. LOL  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured