Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does "for better or for worse" mean??

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:02 AM
  • 88 Replies
Can someone explain it to me because I seem to have a completely different understanding of that phrase compared to like 75% of mc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherhalf
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:04 AM
2 moms liked this
To me "for worse" includes everything but abuse, addiction, and adultery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:04 AM
To me it means that you stick together through the tough times same as you do through the good times. I believe in working things out but I also know some things can't be changed or fixed.
April620
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:06 AM
I agree to a point, though I think all three of those things can be worked through with the proper counseling

Quoting anotherhalf:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Thos pretty much, except it would depend to me how how badly the person was willing to overcome the addiction for if its something I will deal with or not...and the type of addiction.

Quoting anotherhalf:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:08 AM
For better or worse, until you piss me off or I meet someone else.... jk
Anonymous

I don't know. What I do know is I'm tired of his worse and I'd rather live alone for the rest of my life, than live in this infinite torture. I'm choosing myself over a vow.

Anonymous

Sorry, but I will never agree that "for worse" means a woman should be forced to stick around and try to fix her marriage while her husband beats the shit out of her or screams at her and degrades her and such.

Anyone who thinks abused women should hold true to their vows and stick around so their husband can kill them is an idiot. Sorry. I would never judge an abused woman for running away.

If you feel "for worse" includes being abused, well, we can all direct you to a lot of charming men that you could marry for life.  My XH will only beat you where your clothing will cover. Never your face. I still cannot wear shorts or skirts in the summer because I'm so paranoid someone will look at my exposed skin and judge me.

Anonymous
1 mom liked this

it means different things to different people

for ME< it means that I am planning to be with my DH forever, UNLESS he hurts one of my kids, that is my one and only deal breaker

MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:10 AM
2 moms liked this
It's different for everyone. Two things I won't tolerate are physical abuse and cheating.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:10 AM
For me it means through the good times and the bad. Minus abuse. It means that even when I want to throw in the towel because life is tough. I won't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured