Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I know no one on cm cleans but if you did

What's the best vacuum cleaner to get. Our vacuum cleaner just broke and we need to get a new one. What's your favorite?

Jk about the not cleaning I'm sure some of you do :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Replies (131-131):
MamaMoopsie
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:30 PM

The way we've been going through about a vacuum every year to year and a half...it might be a smart investment in the long run. I mean those things can last 20 years. My parents bought a Kirby vacuum when I was 8 for $1700 and it was doing a great job until about 6 months ago...so it lasted 20 years. But I'm with you, I don't have 3K to drop on a vacuum, I'll keep going with the $50-$100 ones that do everything I need it to do.

Quoting imakehimscream:

Omg I would never spend that on a vacuum

Quoting MamaMoopsie:

Our just died too. I liked my dirt devil that DH loaned to his older brother who promptly broke it. The one we had was a $50 special from Wal-Mart and I never liked it. I don't even know what brand it was, lol.

However, my mom and dad just bought a Silver Kings vacuum (they do the door to door sales like Kirby) and I'm in love with that vacuum. It's an air purifier, shop-vac, sucks up water, can do hard surfaces and carpets. I want one so bad, but it was almost $3000 and I'm just not going to commit to spending that kind of money right now. I'll probably go for a Dyson or something this time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN