Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I know no one on cm cleans but if you did

What's the best vacuum cleaner to get. Our vacuum cleaner just broke and we need to get a new one. What's your favorite?

Jk about the not cleaning I'm sure some of you do :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Replies (21-30):
baquick
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Not the yellow Dyson. The purple one is good though.

Rainbow is always good.

Kirby is always good too.
Larsbug
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I have a Kirby and love it

imakehimscream
by He screams on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Is there a certain kind that is better than the others?

Quoting nazgor:

shark.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Quoting imakehimscream:

It cleans both? I might look that one up. We don't have a pet but I'm a neat freak about my floors

Quoting Anonymous:

I LOVE my Dyson Animal. I have a Golden Retriever, so dog hair is everywhere! It does amazing in carpet and on hard floors. I don't think I'll ever get another kind of vacuum.

Yes. It automatically changes the setting on how low or high it is, depending on what type of floor you're using it on. It goes lower for hard floors and higher for carpet. I really prefer using it on my hard floors to sweeping, because it's faster and does a much better job with dirt, dog hair, crumbs, etc. 

imakehimscream
by He screams on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Never heard of rainbow before

Quoting baquick:

Not the yellow Dyson. The purple one is good though.

Rainbow is always good.

Kirby is always good too.

baquick
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM
FINALLY someone who has issues with their Dyson! I have the yellow one and IT SUCKS. idk what is going in the camber... But it's not the stuff on my carpet!

Quoting ChloeDolce1:

I had a $500 dyson and it breaks all the time! In a pinch I naught a shark for like $100 on sale and its awesome! Lol. It doesn't clean as deeply but its very light, goes in tight spaces ans it's good for quickly cleaning until I get the other POS fixed.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Sorry I only have hardwood floors

xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I love my Kirby G3. Getting belts/bags is a bit of a pain (have to order belts online) but it's got great suction. If you want a new one, I have no idea. All of the new ones we got prior to acquiring the G3 were terrible. There was even one that would randomly shoot the HEPA filter across the room; I was convinced it was going to end up blowing up on me o.O

tifbrown
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I have a Dyson. It was expansive, but it is worth every penny. I will probably literally have it the rest of my life. It has lots of suction, no bags, extendable handles, the power head is amazing. I am very happy with it.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Dyson

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)