Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

2 year old asked why daddy doesnt love her**ETA**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
Dd and i were having cudle time this morning and i gave her a kiss and said"i love you" she said it back then got a sad look i asked what was wrong and she said "daddy not love me." i felt really bad and didnt know what to say.but i said"yes he does baby hes just busy lately" he hasnt seen her in over a month and its really starting to get to her.i feel so bad.i emailed him and told him he needs to just stay out of her life since he wants to be in and out all the time.she doesnt need a dad when its convieniant(sp?) to him.He will do great and be around all the time for a month or 2 then we wont hear from him for 2-3 months.we split up when she was 16 months old.now every time he has a girlfriend he wants nothing to do with her.i hate him because of how he does our daughter.she doesnt deserve this shit**EDIT** I have soul custody of her if the court thought he was a good dad they would have given him visitation.i let him see her because i thought it was best and he promised not to keep doing the in and out
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
giejie
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:53 AM
I know what you want to tell her is "Because daddy is a spineless douche bag. Who can't tell girls that he has a daughter who comes first." But like us all we make excuses. You need to look into getting legal soul custody by that way he can't just walk in and out. Because the damage he's causing gets worse with age. You have to give her extra love. Until there is a guy who wants to be the Dad she never really had. Because even though we give our kids all the love. That missing parent still creates a hole. It sucks but we can fill it a little at least!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MilkLover0203
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Ugh, my heart broke for your daughter right now. I'm sorry. I have to feed my sons the same thing when they ask where daddy is. He actually is working his ass off but there's times where he could have shown up but didn't. He's tired. I get it. But my concern isn't if he's tired. It's if my children are happy and well balanced.
sheymann
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I'm so sorry. Have you talked to a lawyer to see if you can stop his visitation? It may sound bitchy, but it will be better for her in the long run.

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:59 AM

So saying "Daddy is an asshole and mommy told him to stay out of your life" is not the answer you want?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:00 PM
i have it already he promised not to do this shit again so i let him see her but i regret it now

Quoting giejie:

I know what you want to tell her is "Because daddy is a spineless douche bag. Who can't tell girls that he has a daughter who comes first." But like us all we make excuses. You need to look into getting legal soul custody by that way he can't just walk in and out. Because the damage he's causing gets worse with age. You have to give her extra love. Until there is a guy who wants to be the Dad she never really had. Because even though we give our kids all the love. That missing parent still creates a hole. It sucks but we can fill it a little at least!

giejie
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Mine always promises. He lies through his teeth. It started effecting my sons school work so I cut him off. My husband stepped up more and I haven't heard from bd in months.
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:02 PM
I believe that a dad should be there consistently or not at all. My opinion might not be popular but idc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:03 PM
i didnt send the email until after she said it today.and yes i told him to stay away he will just keep hurting her.eventually she will stop asking about him and it will be better

Quoting OneToughMami:

So saying "Daddy is an asshole and mommy told him to stay out of your life" is not the answer you want?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:03 PM
i didnt send the email until after she said it today.and yes i told him to stay away he will just keep hurting her.eventually she will stop asking about him and it will be better

Quoting OneToughMami:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:05 PM

i'm sorry but i think you're in the wrong. It is not your relationship to dictate how often he will see her. You should have just left it alone and encouraged a better relationship not tried to force it. She clearly misses him.

You don't know what the future holds. People change. Just because he is not coming around consistantly now does not mean that it would have never happened. You need to call him or email him and get him back in her life. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)