Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

High chair

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
My daughter is 8 months old. She started eating baby food at around 5 months. Literally every time I have put her in her high chair, she cries. She will eat, but she eats in between crying & whining and will rarely finish an entire jar. I don't get it. Her legs are not being pinched...the straps aren't too tight...there's no reason why she would be afraid of her high chair or dislike it.

Has anyone else dealt with anything like this?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Yes. It's because I used to feed him in my lap. Just being q spoiled baby! :)
danie24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Maybe the seat is cold?

Or she's afraid and doesn't feel secure.

Try a warm blanket on the seat before strapping her in. And wrap it all around her so she feels snug.. if she can flop around she might feel like she could fall out.

I feed my babies on my lap most of the time. So does hubby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I will try that, thank you!

Quoting danie24:

Maybe the seat is cold?

Or she's afraid and doesn't feel secure.

Try a warm blanket on the seat before strapping her in. And wrap it all around her so she feels snug.. if she can flop around she might feel like she could fall out.

I feed my babies on my lap most of the time. So does hubby.

FIREFOX1336
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:24 PM
I agree with previous poster but also what is the angle of the seat? Some kids like sitting straight up to eat and some reclined a little, I'd try adjusting it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
unusualmom
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:24 PM
All 3 of my kids hated the high chair.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:51 PM
It's mostly upright but on a slight angle. She does absolutely fine when I put her in a shopping cart so I'm thinking maybe she just feels trapped in the high chair...?

Quoting FIREFOX1336:

I agree with previous poster but also what is the angle of the seat? Some kids like sitting straight up to eat and some reclined a little, I'd try adjusting it
EvilAsh
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I think she might just want to be held? Maybe she's just sitting there too long. 

FIREFOX1336
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:56 PM
She might, do you strap her into the cart? An do you strap her into the high hair? Does the high chair have shoulder straps? If it does try only strapping her waste like the cart, if you don't strap in the cart try not strapping in the high chair with proper supervision.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's mostly upright but on a slight angle. She does absolutely fine when I put her in a shopping cart so I'm thinking maybe she just feels trapped in the high chair...?

Quoting FIREFOX1336:

DevonD83
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:57 PM
This is what happened to my son. I pulled off his diaper and checked his butt to see if he had a rash and his bottom was swollen on one side. Majorly. He had a staph infection MRSA in his bottom. We don't know how he got it but he went to the ER and they first said tumor after the ultrasound then they did a ct scan and said MRSA. He was in the hospital for a week and had surgery to drain the infection. The scar is inside his butt so not anything visible. Just trust your gut if something seems off.

She could be constipated to and needing to potty I would check for a rash first then see when she pooped last. My son ran a fever with the MRSA. Very high fever

Quoting Anonymous:

My daughter is 8 months old. She started eating baby food at around 5 months. Literally every time I have put her in her high chair, she cries. She will eat, but she eats in between crying & whining and will rarely finish an entire jar. I don't get it. Her legs are not being pinched...the straps aren't too tight...there's no reason why she would be afraid of her high chair or dislike it.

Has anyone else dealt with anything like this?
adhaodd1child
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:00 PM
It might be to high up for her get her one that sits in a chair. Or lower the one you have. My son hated his at first but once I lowered it he loved it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured