Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Some vaccine common sense...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If the big pharm/ government are out to make millions and vaccines are harmful, and it's just a conspiracy, yada yada. Then why are vaccines required for government employees, military, healthcare providers, and teachers? If the man is out to get the layman folks then why does "the government" and other federal/state employees have to be vaccinated?

If you choose not to vaccinate then good for you but I'm sick of hearing this conspiracy crap. I remember in basic training going through a vaccine line "train", and getting tons of vaccines. If it's so harmful why would they do this? Maybe because the healthier we are the less duty we missed and the less money in the long run the government saved by having us healthy.

That is all.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:05 PM
No one can prove vaccines are safe. No one. Why do some die after getting them? Why did my child have a reaction? Why haven't they done studies proving together they're safe? And for the record, I don't believe vaccines cause autism. I do however, believe that they can put kids over their toxin levels because of other pollutants already in their body and cause the autisim to come out. I believe it's air pollution, soil pollution, the crap in food, and then bam a vaccine gives them more than they can handle.

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

Asthma--more polutants, more smokers.

Autism is NOT caused by vaccinations.  You're really going to believe a Playboy Bunny and a doctor who was driven out of town on a rail?  Again, autism is higher in areas where polution is higher.  It's also become the trendy blanket diagnosis like ADHD was a few year back.

I selectively vaccinate but not because I fear autism, or asthma, or any other complication-but rather I won't vaccinate against something that won't cause death, or can't be treated effectively.  We don't vax against roto virus, the flu, chicken pox, adn won't be giving gaurdisil when its time either.

My husband was in the Navy and also did the vaccine train-including Anthrax and he is alive and kicking!

Do research, not proproganda.

Quoting Anonymous:

If they are so safe, why do we have more autism, asthma, allergies, autoimmune disorders, etc since the 90s updated schedule? Why does the CDC not test them all together? They say each is safe, but there has NEVER been a study to test the amount given at such a young age.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I don't know what I do know or have read is that there is more of everything coming out and less people vaccinating that has to say something doesn't it. I think  that it will all come back to Haunt people in the end.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:10 PM
OK here you go....

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/two-autistic-children-awarded-millions-by-vaccine-court/

Quoting Anonymous:

Vaccines do not cause autism. Show me an actual case with medical evidence showing otherwise. My nephew is autistic and has not been vaccinated. He has also had whooping cough four times in his life. Now he is 17. His 19 yo brother was vaccinated, not autistic. It is our responsibility as parents to educate ourselves fully on this subject and to not fall to the paranoia that was created by a false study.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Good point. My coworker, a doctor, from Belize said that vaccines were given to everyone at school, it wasn't even a choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

So many countries have mandated to vaccinating their citizens. So it's a world wide conspiracy to benefit whom?

Like any drug/medicine vaccine has side effects and adverse reactions. But the benefit outweighs the risk in most situations.

I researched the risk and benefits of vaccination and I choose to vaccinate my kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Between 1988 and 2013, The U.S. population went from 244,498,982 to 311,800,000.  That's 67,301,018 more people!

Add to that the awareness factor.  Back in the day, almost ANY affliction was considered "retardation" and people were all lumped together and placed in institutions.  NOW...we actually have names for these various afflictions.  We are no longer inclined to "label" a person as "retarded" and stash them away from society.  Kids/people with Downs, Autism, etc, are now considered functional family members (GASP! sarcasm in case you missed it) and are mainstreamed into our society through programs and education.

So, now that we don't hide these people away never to be acknowledged and actually make them a part of our society...add that to population growth...and you have what SEEMS to be an accelerated number.  But, in reality, it really isn't.

Quoting Anonymous:

It didn't go up that much. We went from 1 in 10,000 in 1988 to 1 in 50 today. Our population didn't jump that much in 20 years.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because we have a larger population than ever!  DUH!

Quoting Anonymous:

If they are so safe, why do we have more autism, asthma, allergies, autoimmune disorders, etc since the 90s updated schedule? Why does the CDC not test them all together? They say each is safe, but there has NEVER been a study to test the amount given at such a young age.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:22 PM
You have no idea what you are talking about... Agent orange was a chemical agent sprayed on agriculture to hurt the Vietnamese during war. Soldiers were consequently exposed to it. What does that have to do with vaccination???

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a firm believer in vaccines.  But, your military argument is laughable.  Maybe you aren't old enough to know our government KNOWINGLY sprayed our Vietnam soldiers with Agent Orange?  Not to mention all the other things they did to our soldiers in subsequent wars and conflicts?

IUND
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I read the website's article.  But, then I actually looked up the findings from the Vaccine Court.  They are public record.  The website either misunderstood or misrepresented the outcome.  On the case of Ryan, the website stated: "The second case involved 10 year old Ryan Mojabi of California in which the government admitted that the MMR vaccine caused the brain encephalopathy or brain dysfunction Ryan suffered within five to fifteen days of receiving the shot."  I pulled the opinions--the only thing the government stipulated to was the granting of interim attorneys' fees.  www.uscfc.uscourts.gov/sites/default/files/Campbell-Smith%20Mojabi%20Interim%20Fees.pdf

In fact, thee court denied the initial claim and they are proceeding under a different claim now. 

Quoting Anonymous:

OK here you go....

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/two-autistic-children-awarded-millions-by-vaccine-court/

Quoting Anonymous:

Vaccines do not cause autism. Show me an actual case with medical evidence showing otherwise. My nephew is autistic and has not been vaccinated. He has also had whooping cough four times in his life. Now he is 17. His 19 yo brother was vaccinated, not autistic. It is our responsibility as parents to educate ourselves fully on this subject and to not fall to the paranoia that was created by a false study.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:35 PM
That's not even a 30% increase in population, and the jump in autism rose way more than 30%. Yes, it's easier to diagnose, but you can't blame that increase in just population and better diagnostics. Also they have shown that baby monkeys given the same vaccines at the same age, have autistic chsracteristics. Why would that be, if vaccines are completely safe?

Quoting Anonymous:

Between 1988 and 2013, The U.S. population went from 244,498,982 to 311,800,000.  That's 67,301,018 more people!

Add to that the awareness factor.  Back in the day, almost ANY affliction was considered "retardation" and people were all lumped together and placed in institutions.  NOW...we actually have names for these various afflictions.  We are no longer inclined to "label" a person as "retarded" and stash them away from society.  Kids/people with Downs, Autism, etc, are now considered functional family members (GASP! sarcasm in case you missed it) and are mainstreamed into our society through programs and education.

So, now that we don't hide these people away never to be acknowledged and actually make them a part of our society...add that to population growth...and you have what SEEMS to be an accelerated number.  But, in reality, it really isn't.

Quoting Anonymous:

It didn't go up that much. We went from 1 in 10,000 in 1988 to 1 in 50 today. Our population didn't jump that much in 20 years.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because we have a larger population than ever!  DUH!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Lol your silly. The fees where awarded in a 2nd court case. They won only because they won't the first case. A judge don't award fees unless they won in the first place.

Quoting IUND:

I read the website's article.  But, then I actually looked up the findings from the Vaccine Court.  They are public record.  The website either misunderstood or misrepresented the outcome.  On the case of Ryan, the website stated: "The second case involved 10 year old Ryan Mojabi of California in which the government admitted that the MMR vaccine caused the brain encephalopathy or brain dysfunction Ryan suffered within five to fifteen days of receiving the shot."  I pulled the opinions--the only thing the government stipulated to was the granting of interim attorneys' fees.  www.uscfc.uscourts.gov/sites/default/files/Campbell-Smith%20Mojabi%20Interim%20Fees.pdf

In fact, thee court denied the initial claim and they are proceeding under a different claim now. 

Quoting Anonymous:

OK here you go....

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)