Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Being Single

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:34 PM
  • 31 Replies

I am struggling with being single. I have been single for a year. i have tried dating but they never work out. Everyone around me is getting in serious relationship or getting married. I pray everyone for God but another day passes & nothing. While I am happy for people, I just want to scream when is it my time.

Anyone else feel like I do?

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajrjj05
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:35 PM

It will come I was single mom of two for two years and he came along :)

hnjen12
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Honestly I have done the "just wait & he will come along" I am getting tired of that saying.

Quoting ajrjj05:

It will come I was single mom of two for two years and he came along :)

hnjen12
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:39 PM

BUMP!

Sj218
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:41 PM
I'm in EXACTLY the same spot. I've been single for close to a year and would like to be in a relationship. I totally don't understand the whole casual dating thing. I just want a companion... It's depressing sometimes. And I have a really cool life. I do a ton of stuff and have a lot of friends, so it's not like I just need to get out more. You know?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Enjoy being a mom and whatever else you do before you worry about being with someone.
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:43 PM

it's not easy ... but I can't say I understand because I was single for a very short period of time. But for the short amount that I was single it indeed sucked.  Did you try match.com or any of those sites ?  A friend of mine was single for over a year and she found someone a month ago on match.   

hnjen12
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I don't get out as much as I would like, so the whole waiting for them to come along doesn't work. I have a lot of guys interested in my but they only want fwb & I don't want that.

Quoting Sj218:

I'm in EXACTLY the same spot. I've been single for close to a year and would like to be in a relationship. I totally don't understand the whole casual dating thing. I just want a companion... It's depressing sometimes. And I have a really cool life. I do a ton of stuff and have a lot of friends, so it's not like I just need to get out more. You know?

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM
I was single for almost two years after my divorce and just focused on my son and my alone time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hnjen12
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I LOVE being a mom & I always focus on my kids first. I worry about everyone first, but now its time to WORRY about me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Enjoy being a mom and whatever else you do before you worry about being with someone.

hnjen12
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I'm done with alone time.

Quoting owl0210:

I was single for almost two years after my divorce and just focused on my son and my alone time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN