Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Letter from a Christian to the non believers.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Many of you say I'm full of hate because I don't accept your sin. You say I need to have an open mind and that because I don't accept your lifestyle and choices that I'm judgmental. There's nothing in the Christian faith or God's commands that says anything about having an open mind. In fact, we are to be separate, and set apart... A peculiar people, not conforming to this world.

You hate us... Fine. My feelings aren't in the least bit hurt. This life is temporary, I live my life for eternity and what it has to offer. Don't like me? I don't care. I do my best to show love to all people... Not agreeing with a person's sin has nothing to do with showing them God's love. God loved us all so much that He came to this world in human form (as Jesus), as the only perfect and sinless human ever to live, was marred more than any other man, then died the worst possible death on a cross... Paying for the sins of all humankind...yes, even those who don't accept Him as their savior. So as a Christian I try to follow His example and tell others about Him...although I know many of the people I witness to want nothing to do with God. They don't care what I have to say, and they hate Christians. You look at it as forcing my beliefs on you. I look at it as loving you so much that I would put aside my own embarrassment and fear of rejection, for the possibility that you will see his love in me. Quite a different perspective from the hate-filled perception you talk about. I know my conscience is clear and I sleep very well at night.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Replies (361-370):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 51 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:10 AM
that would include you, friend.

i don't buy it. your responses are proof enough.

Quoting Anonymous:

actually I did...and I've had quite a few. But at this point it seems like only the critical or intelligence lacking are responding

Quoting Anonymous:

yes, I'm sure the OP intended for an intelligent discussion.

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting Anonymous:

dear holier-than-thou, righteous, Christian asshole,

fuck off.

love,

this EVILLLLLLLL non-believer

People, a little courtesy please.   Let's try to avoid getting this thread locked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 53 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Interesting, isn't it?  That seems to be a recurring theme in her responses. 

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Maybe you should have this debate with Stephen Hawking and you could tell him how he lacks intelligence...

You're saying only dumb ppl disagree with you...SMH

Quoting Anonymous:

actually I did...and I've had quite a few. But at this point it seems like only the critical or intelligence lacking are responding

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting Anonymous:

fuck off.

love,

People, a little courtesy please.   Let's try to avoid getting this thread locked.

XJetX
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:23 AM
As I have no intentions to try to change anyone's beliefs. I don't preach my beliefs to others to get them to convert because I believe that's wrong. However, I do enjoy an adult discussion regarding religion and different aspects of them.
I was raised xtian, which is why I have such strong negative views on it. But that's xtianity as a whole, not (all) xtians. Like I said before, I don't judge people based on their religious beliefs, just how they treat me as a person. If someone can accept me for who I am regardless of my beliefs, then awesome, cool in my book. But if you know of my beliefs and immediately get preachy and tell me my soul needs saving and that you will pray for me, then I'll likely roll my eyes and walk away.

Quoting Anonymous:

You are correct. To have no other gods before Him means to only see Him as God and no other. I'm not really sure what exactly your question concerning pagan deities is... Honestly, I'm not familiar with much outside of the Christian faith. I have studied different denominations within Christianity...That recognize one true God. But I'm unfamiliar with pagan beliefs or deities, etc. until this conversation I sincerely have literally never had a discussion involving anything pagan.

I'm open to hearing different aspects... But only from a purely curious perspective. I have no intentions of adopting any new beliefs.

Quoting XJetX:

Then explain Pagan Deities. Because to 'have no other gods before him' means to only see him as god and no other.

Quoting Anonymous:

I won't address the first paragraph as you apparently misunderstood or have intentionally missed what I was trying to say.

As for your question... Christianity stems From Judaism, which comes from Abraham, who was Jewish. Jews were among the first to practice "organized religion" and were the first to recognize one true God. God told Abraham (in the ten commandments) to have no other gods before Him.

Quoting XJetX:

Don't put words in my mouth, I never called you anything derogatory. I did say that some of you are manipulative fucks, and if you want to take that personally then you must be agreeing that you are one if those people.

But how did this 'one true god' come to be when there are many Gods that came before the concept of xtianity? This is a question for YOU, not a question I need answered by the bible or some other texts. I'd like your take on it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Look, I'm not here to debate anything with anyone. You have no clue what my beliefs or convictions are. I used quotations for the word pagan because its proper grammar. But if you want to be offended and petty over something so stupid that's your prerogative. As for how long your gods have been ruling the worlds... Ok. Believe what you want. My belief is that my God is the one and true God who always was, is, and always will be and that all other gods are false...yes, even pagan gods...which simply means all gods who are not the one true God. Call me whatever derogatory name you'd like... No problem. I'm confident and secure in my beliefs. I don't wish to force them on anyone. But I certainly don't need you or anyone else telling me what I do/don't or should/shouldn't believe... Or that it's wrong for me. I don't impose anything on anyone else and ask the very basic courtesy that others do the same

Quoting XJetX:

I find it hard to believe that word has never crossed your lips. You also don't have to put it in quotations, I'm a proud Norse Pagan and my Gods were ruling the worlds long before yours was even a blip of a thought as a control for the masses. You know for a xtian, you seem very uneducated about your own 'beliefs'.

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly, you are not the type of person that I would "try to change your mind". I only share my beliefs with people who ask me...people who see something in me that they want to be a part of. Additionally, I only used the word "pagan" because that's the word you chose to use. I can't say I've ever used it before now.

In any case congrats on you vast knowledge of all things religious. As for the rest of your comments, I find them very condescending and I have no desire to address them specifically

Quoting XJetX:I'm well aware of the origin of xtianity, thanks. I'm also aware that Pagans (depending on how you define it) have not been the only ones to suffer from religious persecution, but I don't believe I said anywhere that they were, did I?

In fact, It's xtians who use the term Pagan to define those people who are not xtian. But as such a devout xtian, you would know that. Wouldn't you?

I'm well versed in many religions of the world and am not so close minded that I only know of my own beliefs and shun the idea of learning about others. It's quite the opposite. I've read the bible cover to cover, I know a lot more than you think I do about xtianity. Don't offend me by trying to teach me what I already know, and again, don't try to shove your shit down my throat by trying to get me to read some bs. I can hear it in your mind already... "Here, read this and maybe you'll change your mind and accept Jesus as your lord and savior." Some of you are tricky, manipulative fucks.

Quoting Anonymous:read Fox's Book of Martyrs...pagans have not been the only religious group that has been persecuted to death over the years. also, read HERE for a better understanding of the origin of christianity.

Quoting XJetX:No dear, I don't think you seem to understand. Xtianity is a very new concept of religion in comparison to others. I can not stand how a lot of xtians get up on their high horse and say they will pray for my soul or tell me that I am damned to go to 'hell', saying that I need to accept Jesus as my savior or face eternal damnation. However, this does not apply to all xtians. Many are quite nice people and I have friends that are xtian, but we have a mutual respect for each others beliefs. Meaning we stay out of each others religious lives.

Now with all that being said, I do not like xtianity as a whole, and I like people based on how they act towards me and not their beliefs. But if you try to shove your holier-than-thou sheisse down my throat then I'm not going to like you.

If you look through history, there have been religions that were around thousands of years before xtianity. It was created to keep the masses in line and to give them something to fear in order to not 'sin'.

When Constantine (a Pagan) tried to merge the Pagans with this new xtian religion, he did it in a way so that the Pagans could keep their festivals of the year, but called them something different to xtianize it. On his deathbed, his advisors forced him to convert to xtianity.

And let's not forget how xtians slaughtered thousands of Pagans just because they wouldn't convert to a new religion. Yes, in the name of your new 'god'. But I'm sure you'll retaliate with something like 'oh but I didn't do that!' But think of this, if that didn't happen, you wouldn't have your religion right now. And it cost the lives of thousands of Pagans.

Quoting Anonymous:I have nothing to be embarrassed about...I'm fine with someone who disagrees with me. what I'm not fine with is being told I need to respect or accept your beliefs when the same courtesy is not afforded to me. what I'm not fine with is being disliked simply upon knowing that I am a christian. If you are not a person who fits into the categories I have mentioned then I am not speaking to you

Quoting XJetX:I'll spare you the embarrassment and leave this one alone. Smdh... Just this once...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:53 AM
That's not at all what I said. In fact I even said I've had some rather intelligent discussions with those who do disagree with me. However, many of those who disagree have done nothing but confirm my very point in the op.
Stephen hawking... Although I know who he is I'm not as familiar with him as you seem to be and never personally called him unintelligent. That assumption was quite random of you.

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Maybe you should have this debate with Stephen Hawking and you could tell him how he lacks intelligence...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting Anonymous:

fuck off.

love,

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:44 AM
;) I've sincerely enjoyed our discussion...even the snippiness (from both sides). I like it when people who don't adopt the same views on any topic can still have a mostly mature conversation and end on a good note.
If you don't mind me asking, which denomination were you raised?

Quoting XJetX:

As I have no intentions to try to change anyone's beliefs. I don't preach my beliefs to others to get them to convert because I believe that's wrong. However, I do enjoy an adult discussion regarding religion and different aspects of them.

I was raised xtian, which is why I have such strong negative views on it. But that's xtianity as a whole, not (all) xtians. Like I said before, I don't judge people based on their religious beliefs, just how they treat me as a person. If someone can accept me for who I am regardless of my beliefs, then awesome, cool in my book. But if you know of my beliefs and immediately get preachy and tell me my soul needs saving and that you will pray for me, then I'll likely roll my eyes and walk away.

Quoting Anonymous:

You are correct. To have no other gods before Him means to only see Him as God and no other. I'm not really sure what exactly your question concerning pagan deities is... Honestly, I'm not familiar with much outside of the Christian faith. I have studied different denominations within Christianity...That recognize one true God. But I'm unfamiliar with pagan beliefs or deities, etc. until this conversation I sincerely have literally never had a discussion involving anything pagan.

I'm open to hearing different aspects... But only from a purely curious perspective. I have no intentions of adopting any new beliefs.

Quoting XJetX:

Then explain Pagan Deities. Because to 'have no other gods before him' means to only see him as god and no other.

Quoting Anonymous:

I won't address the first paragraph as you apparently misunderstood or have intentionally missed what I was trying to say.

As for your question... Christianity stems From Judaism, which comes from Abraham, who was Jewish. Jews were among the first to practice "organized religion" and were the first to recognize one true God. God told Abraham (in the ten commandments) to have no other gods before Him.

Quoting XJetX:

Don't put words in my mouth, I never called you anything derogatory. I did say that some of you are manipulative fucks, and if you want to take that personally then you must be agreeing that you are one if those people.

But how did this 'one true god' come to be when there are many Gods that came before the concept of xtianity? This is a question for YOU, not a question I need answered by the bible or some other texts. I'd like your take on it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Look, I'm not here to debate anything with anyone. You have no clue what my beliefs or convictions are. I used quotations for the word pagan because its proper grammar. But if you want to be offended and petty over something so stupid that's your prerogative. As for how long your gods have been ruling the worlds... Ok. Believe what you want. My belief is that my God is the one and true God who always was, is, and always will be and that all other gods are false...yes, even pagan gods...which simply means all gods who are not the one true God. Call me whatever derogatory name you'd like... No problem. I'm confident and secure in my beliefs. I don't wish to force them on anyone. But I certainly don't need you or anyone else telling me what I do/don't or should/shouldn't believe... Or that it's wrong for me. I don't impose anything on anyone else and ask the very basic courtesy that others do the same

Quoting XJetX:

I find it hard to believe that word has never crossed your lips. You also don't have to put it in quotations, I'm a proud Norse Pagan and my Gods were ruling the worlds long before yours was even a blip of a thought as a control for the masses. You know for a xtian, you seem very uneducated about your own 'beliefs'.

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly, you are not the type of person that I would "try to change your mind". I only share my beliefs with people who ask me...people who see something in me that they want to be a part of. Additionally, I only used the word "pagan" because that's the word you chose to use. I can't say I've ever used it before now.

In any case congrats on you vast knowledge of all things religious. As for the rest of your comments, I find them very condescending and I have no desire to address them specifically

Quoting XJetX:I'm well aware of the origin of xtianity, thanks. I'm also aware that Pagans (depending on how you define it) have not been the only ones to suffer from religious persecution, but I don't believe I said anywhere that they were, did I?

In fact, It's xtians who use the term Pagan to define those people who are not xtian. But as such a devout xtian, you would know that. Wouldn't you?

I'm well versed in many religions of the world and am not so close minded that I only know of my own beliefs and shun the idea of learning about others. It's quite the opposite. I've read the bible cover to cover, I know a lot more than you think I do about xtianity. Don't offend me by trying to teach me what I already know, and again, don't try to shove your shit down my throat by trying to get me to read some bs. I can hear it in your mind already... "Here, read this and maybe you'll change your mind and accept Jesus as your lord and savior." Some of you are tricky, manipulative fucks.

Quoting Anonymous:read Fox's Book of Martyrs...pagans have not been the only religious group that has been persecuted to death over the years. also, read HERE for a better understanding of the origin of christianity.

Quoting XJetX:No dear, I don't think you seem to understand. Xtianity is a very new concept of religion in comparison to others. I can not stand how a lot of xtians get up on their high horse and say they will pray for my soul or tell me that I am damned to go to 'hell', saying that I need to accept Jesus as my savior or face eternal damnation. However, this does not apply to all xtians. Many are quite nice people and I have friends that are xtian, but we have a mutual respect for each others beliefs. Meaning we stay out of each others religious lives.

Now with all that being said, I do not like xtianity as a whole, and I like people based on how they act towards me and not their beliefs. But if you try to shove your holier-than-thou sheisse down my throat then I'm not going to like you.

If you look through history, there have been religions that were around thousands of years before xtianity. It was created to keep the masses in line and to give them something to fear in order to not 'sin'.

When Constantine (a Pagan) tried to merge the Pagans with this new xtian religion, he did it in a way so that the Pagans could keep their festivals of the year, but called them something different to xtianize it. On his deathbed, his advisors forced him to convert to xtianity.

And let's not forget how xtians slaughtered thousands of Pagans just because they wouldn't convert to a new religion. Yes, in the name of your new 'god'. But I'm sure you'll retaliate with something like 'oh but I didn't do that!' But think of this, if that didn't happen, you wouldn't have your religion right now. And it cost the lives of thousands of Pagans.

Quoting Anonymous:I have nothing to be embarrassed about...I'm fine with someone who disagrees with me. what I'm not fine with is being told I need to respect or accept your beliefs when the same courtesy is not afforded to me. what I'm not fine with is being disliked simply upon knowing that I am a christian. If you are not a person who fits into the categories I have mentioned then I am not speaking to you

Quoting XJetX:I'll spare you the embarrassment and leave this one alone. Smdh... Just this once...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:46 AM
If you'd actually read many of my responses you'd realize that you both are completely wrong.

Quoting Anonymous:

Interesting, isn't it?  That seems to be a recurring theme in her responses. 

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting Anonymous:

fuck off.

love,

Anonymous
by Anonymous 54 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Feel better now? I'm going to go back to not giving a fuck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:54 AM
To be separate simply means not conforming to the things of the world. As for not wanting to listen to what you believe... I feel quite the opposite. I'm intrigued by difference of beliefs. I just feel the same way you do... I do not want anyone trying to change my mind or tell me how crazy, stupid, ridiculous, etc i am because of them...and yes, in turn I do afford that same courtesy. The only time I ever witness to a person is if they truly want what they see in me.
It's really hard on cm...the Internet as a whole really.... To convey the message that although I believe differently than you (general) I still respect your decisions...and share what it is exactly that I do believe without many becoming rude and angry or being accused Of being holier than thou or condemning.

Quoting ChutterButter:

I don't assume anyone is full of hate unless they bare that hatred for me to see personally. If you feel it is in your beliefs and your best interest to be separate from those of us who you consider "non believers"this is also your right and I respect it. I may not agree with you but I respect your beliefs and hold nothing against you for them. I believe in something just not what you do therefore in my opinion, neither of us are "non believers."

I don't hate anyone who doesn't give me a darn good reason. I try my best to show others compassion, respect and understanding. I guess it's a matter of perspective. I can respect and even admire that you believe something so whole heartedly that you would want everyone you meet to feel that same connection that you do with your God. For me I don't feel I need that. I am at peace with what I feel for my own beliefs and that is enough for me. I could "witness" to you but I wouldn't because I feel each person should find their own path in their own way. Not wanting to listen to you speak about your beliefs when you are not willing to, in turn, listen to mine does not mean I hate you or Christians. In fact, it means I am honest enough to face the possibility of a label as a "non believer"or "heathen"to say no thank you rather than pretend to listen or to poke fun or any other rude behavior. I walk my own path in peace, love and light and wish all of that to you. Quite a different perspective from the hate-filled perception you talk about. I thank you for your care and send you blessings before I turn in for the night as well.

ChutterButter
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:44 PM
I've seen that too. It is very difficult as it is a fine line to walk. I think religion is one of those topics that is difficult for many to discuss as it has so much emotion tied to it. People feel passionately about what they believe. I can't speak for anyone else, but I try to be open minded and if it is something I really don't agree with, or understand, I ask questions or say nothing.

Quoting Anonymous:

To be separate simply means not conforming to the things of the world. As for not wanting to listen to what you believe... I feel quite the opposite. I'm intrigued by difference of beliefs. I just feel the same way you do... I do not want anyone trying to change my mind or tell me how crazy, stupid, ridiculous, etc i am because of them...and yes, in turn I do afford that same courtesy. The only time I ever witness to a person is if they truly want what they see in me.

It's really hard on cm...the Internet as a whole really.... To convey the message that although I believe differently than you (general) I still respect your decisions...and share what it is exactly that I do believe without many becoming rude and angry or being accused Of being holier than thou or condemning.

Quoting ChutterButter:

I don't assume anyone is full of hate unless they bare that hatred for me to see personally. If you feel it is in your beliefs and your best interest to be separate from those of us who you consider "non believers"this is also your right and I respect it. I may not agree with you but I respect your beliefs and hold nothing against you for them. I believe in something just not what you do therefore in my opinion, neither of us are "non believers."

I don't hate anyone who doesn't give me a darn good reason. I try my best to show others compassion, respect and understanding. I guess it's a matter of perspective. I can respect and even admire that you believe something so whole heartedly that you would want everyone you meet to feel that same connection that you do with your God. For me I don't feel I need that. I am at peace with what I feel for my own beliefs and that is enough for me. I could "witness" to you but I wouldn't because I feel each person should find their own path in their own way. Not wanting to listen to you speak about your beliefs when you are not willing to, in turn, listen to mine does not mean I hate you or Christians. In fact, it means I am honest enough to face the possibility of a label as a "non believer"or "heathen"to say no thank you rather than pretend to listen or to poke fun or any other rude behavior. I walk my own path in peace, love and light and wish all of that to you. Quite a different perspective from the hate-filled perception you talk about. I thank you for your care and send you blessings before I turn in for the night as well.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
XJetX
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:58 PM
I was raised Presbeterian but baptized Lutheran. I'll never forgive my parents for that one because I was only a few months old and obviously too young to make a decision on my own.
I turned my back on the church when I was 9 because it wasn't where I was supposed to be and I never looked back. I have read the bible as an adult because I like to inform myself on other religions as much as I can, but to me, it was just another book. It didn't change my views nor was it meant to when I decided to read it. Interesting literature though, I'll give it that.
And yes, even with the snippiness from both sides, I have enjoyed our discussion as well ;) if I knew who you were, I might even add you so we could discuss it some more.
So with all that said, what denomination were you raised? And are you still within that same church, or have you changed denominations? ie; Prodestant to Catholic, vice versa, etc...

Quoting Anonymous:

;) I've sincerely enjoyed our discussion...even the snippiness (from both sides). I like it when people who don't adopt the same views on any topic can still have a mostly mature conversation and end on a good note.

If you don't mind me asking, which denomination were you raised?

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)