Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help, i'm about to be horribly embarrassed!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:34 PM
  • 73 Replies

Have you ever been in the situation where you really wanted something but for whatever reason couldn't or didn't want to purchase it at that time so you thought you'd hide it somewhere to keep someone else from buying it and go get it later when the time to buy it was more convenient???

I have done that it the past and it worked beautifully.  

See, ive never worked retail before and im not real sure how things are done...but let me tell you Bomgaars is on top of their game and im very embarrassed and dont know how to handle this situation.

So, I use a radio fence to keep my dogs in the yard and occasionally their collars need new batteries.  Bomgaars is the only store in my town that sells them.  I only need these batteries like once every 6 months and whenever ive gone to buy them they have ALWAYS been out even though they are suppose to keep them in stock.  

So my battery was dead and I ran over to buy a pack of two and they were out, I dont know why I was surprised.  While they were making a special order, I was like, "cant you guys keep more in stock? seems every time I need them you are out."...He said he couldn't that head quarters sends what they want and they can only order more on demand.  Okay, I get it no problem.  He takes my name and said he would get "some" and call me when they are in.  I never specified or was asked how many I needed.  

So a week later he calls me and says they are in.  I go in and track down an employee and im like, "I was called to pick up some batteries I ordered.".  He wasn't real polite and just vanished in the back and reappeared with two packages of batteries.  Before I could tell him I only wanted one he disappeared again.  

As im wandering around the store I get to thinking about it and I thought "Hmmm, I really only need one pack.   I should just hide these somewhere and then when I need them again I can come back and this pack should be in my hiding place.".  

I decided that was a good plan.  

So today I get a phone call from a employee, the one I originally ordered from.  He was like, "Hi Matriarch, this is Jake with Bomgaars, we were just doing some inventory and we seem to be missing a pack of batteries, I was wondering if you bought two packs or one pack."...Eeek...I said, "Well, I was handed two packs but decided I only wanted one, so I just set the other pack down somewhere."...He wasn't mad or anything he was like, "oh okay, I just wanted to make sure a cashier didn't make a mistake or anything.  We will find it."...

Ugh, im so never doing that again, I feel sooooo embarrassed.  I feel like I should go there and retrieve the stupid pack of batteries from my obviously deliberate hiding place before they do find it.  I hope they haven't found it yet.  If they do find it they are going to know that I hid them and didn't just set them down somewhere.  What should I do?  Is there any way for me to fix this without making myself look like a complete idiot?  I mean, I already know im an idiot, but I dont want them to know it! lol.  

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:37 PM

BUMP

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:42 PM

embarrassed

elarsen4eva
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Go back and move them to a more obvious spot then they'll think they just over looked them
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Idky, but your post actually made me laugh out loud. I wouldnt worry about it. Just leave them hidden, and if next time you need them, they are missing from the hiding spot, then order more. I would be more embarassed to have to go in and admit I hid them, then just getting a phone call asking about them.
GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Dude. I find this even funnier then you and the hubby getting caught having sex on the trampoline.
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

oops

gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Go to the store, unhide them. 

MilkLover0203
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry but that's freaking hilarious. I've actually hidden little things I wanted to come back for but never something so specific like that where it could be traced back to me. Oh my gosh, that's so funny.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:50 PM

No. I've never done that.

It makes me think of a squirrel hiding their nuts before winter.  

Matriarch87
1 mom liked this

Thats exactly what first came to mind, I told my husband and he could not stop laughing at me.  He was like, "ill never understand how you get yourself in these situations.".  Then I thought, maybe I should just buy the pack i hid instead of trying to put it in a more obvious place...But idk....

Quoting elarsen4eva:

Go back and move them to a more obvious spot then they'll think they just over looked them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN