Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Autism Cure

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:31 PM
  • 147 Replies
18 moms liked this
Seriously? I can’t fathom why you want to cure my son. He is amazing and perfect. It hurts me to hear people “praying for a cure”. He doesn’t need a cure he needs understanding and acceptance. That’s what he needs. You can shove this cure crap up your ass for all I care.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaNdYbEaR2010
by *Manda* on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:33 PM
So, if there was a way to help him where he wouldn't struggle as much you wouldn't take it? You would just let him deal with things as difficult as they are?
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

seriously? you wouldnt want your child to have an easier go at life if he could?

Leobaby2007
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:34 PM
4 moms liked this

*slowly backs out of post*

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Let's see how you feel in 50 years when your son is still wearing diapers and lining his cars up in a row.  Good luck with all that.

LiliM
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Really? If it helped my son in a world where understanding and acceptance are not a right and certainly not something that everyone enjoys.....I would be excited for him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:36 PM
2 moms liked this
If his autism was cured, she wouldn't have anything to get sympathy about.
I don't know why any parent wouldn't want their child to be healthy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:37 PM
3 moms liked this
Wow, you're uneducated when it comes to autism.

Quoting Anonymous:

Let's see how you feel in 50 years when your son is still wearing diapers and lining his cars up in a row.  Good luck with all that.

Schleetle
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I don't think anyone wants to cure people out of who they are - well maybe some that don't understand, but in general most people do want to figure out how to help people with ASD. I have a son with ASD. I want him to be who he is, and I want people to accept him. However I know that he has struggles due to his ASD, so of course if there was something out there that could stop his symptoms (assuming it was safe) I would be completely open to it. How old is your child?
BEXi
by BEXi on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Well thats so not selfish lol

LucyHarper
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:38 PM
3 moms liked this

Your child isn't a bad person, he is amazing and perfect, but autism causes so much stress and pain for children, it takes away so much, why would you not want to take that burden from your beautiful sons shoulders. I know a child who can not speak no matter how badly he wants to, he is tortured everyday because he can not communicate and make people understand. He can't go to the fair or the zoo or to a  school classroom because too many people and too much noise sends him into panic attacks. He cries everyday because he dreams of growing up to be a pilot, but never will be due to his disorder. So yes, I am praying for a cure. You might not want to take the struggle from your child, but many other do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)