Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Seriously? I can’t fathom why you want to cure my son. He is amazing and perfect. It hurts me to hear people “praying for a cure”. He doesn’t need a cure he needs understanding and acceptance. That’s what he needs. You can shove this cure crap up your ass for all I care.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Replies (11-20):
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I read this to my dh and he said she would miss his ssi check if he was cured

Quoting Anonymous:

If his autism was cured, she wouldn't have anything to get sympathy about.
I don't know why any parent wouldn't want their child to be healthy.

honeyrder
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Maybe your kid just takes after you. :)

You can't really universalize your experience.

Quoting Anonymous:

Let's see how you feel in 50 years when your son is still wearing diapers and lining his cars up in a row.  Good luck with all that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:39 PM

If you think all children with Autism act that way, you need to educate yourself.

Quoting Anonymous:

Let's see how you feel in 50 years when your son is still wearing diapers and lining his cars up in a row.  Good luck with all that.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I don't have an autistic child but my best friend does and there are so many struggles because of it. I think her little boy is unique and very special, but it would be nice for him to be able communicate better to express his needs and be understood so he didn't get so frustrated. If there was a "cure" that could help with that, I know she would be thrilled.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:41 PM
2 moms liked this
Moms with "normal" kids will never understand. I know what you mean OP.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:44 PM
I adore my son..every part of him. I would also love for him not to struggle in so many things. He still wears diapers at 9. He is nonverbal and is developmentally 1. I would do ANYTHING to make his life easier. Yes I pray for a cure. I think people like you don't realize there are extreme cases of autism like my ds'. I think you should think before you say such things.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Really?  I'm UNEDUCATED?  I'd say the 19 year of experience I've had has me fairly well educated on the subject.  Lets hear about your education. How old is your autistic son or daughter?

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow, you're uneducated when it comes to autism.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Or maybe he takes after you? :)

Neither can the OP.  I'll pray for a cure for my kid.  You people can keep yours exactly the way they are if that's good enough for ya. 

Quoting honeyrder:

Maybe your kid just takes after you. :)

You can't really universalize your experience.

Quoting Anonymous:

paganmommy4
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:47 PM

There is no cure.. For there to be a cure means Austism is a serious and life altering or life threatening disease in which it is not. You can ALLEVIATE symptoms by reducing with an elimination diet

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:49 PM

It's just a fact.  And it's very insensitive for women with high functioning autistic children to not be considerate of those of us who aren't so fortunate. 

How old is your autistic child btw? 

Quoting Anonymous:

If you think all children with Autism act that way, you need to educate yourself.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)