Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Seriously? I can’t fathom why you want to cure my son. He is amazing and perfect. It hurts me to hear people “praying for a cure”. He doesn’t need a cure he needs understanding and acceptance. That’s what he needs. You can shove this cure crap up your ass for all I care.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:01 PM

So I'm now SELFISH because I'm praying for a cure for autism, and I should be praying for a cure for cancer? 

Smh @ the stupidity. 

Just when you think you've read it all on CafeMom, there's always someone who comes along with something more stupid than the last person.  

Quoting honeyrder:

It's a non-fatal condition. Cures are much more needed for cancer and other diseases that actually kill children. 

Good thing that selfishness isn't fatal, either. Looks like there will never be a cure for that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Or maybe he takes after you? :)

Neither can the OP.  I'll pray for a cure for my kid.  You people can keep yours exactly the way they are if that's good enough for ya. 

Quoting honeyrder:

Maybe your kid just takes after you. :)

You can't really universalize your experience.

Quoting Anonymous:

Let's see how you feel in 50 years when your son is still wearing diapers and lining his cars up in a row.  Good luck with all that.

krayzbabylove
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:03 PM
I will support finding a cure for those who would benefit from it :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinaiAngelPai15
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:04 PM

If there was something that could help make DS2's life a bit easier I'm open to it.  I get what you're saying about people needing to be more understanding and accepting though.

honeyrder
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

No one is begging you to keep replying with your stupidity, you know. It's not a contest (or is it on Cafemom now?), but I declare you a winner. Would you like for your title to be Queen of Stupidonia or Empress of the Stupidverse?

Quoting Anonymous:

So I'm now SELFISH because I'm praying for a cure for autism, and I should be praying for a cure for cancer? 

Smh @ the stupidity. 

Just when you think you've read it all on CafeMom, there's always someone who comes along with something more stupid than the last person.  

Quoting honeyrder:

It's a non-fatal condition. Cures are much more needed for cancer and other diseases that actually kill children. 

Good thing that selfishness isn't fatal, either. Looks like there will never be a cure for that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Neither can the OP.  I'll pray for a cure for my kid.  You people can keep yours exactly the way they are if that's good enough for ya. 

Quoting honeyrder:

Quoting Anonymous:

Let's see how you feel in 50 years when your son is still wearing diapers and lining his cars up in a row.  Good luck with all that.

BluntlyBlue
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!! Anyone who thinks my son needs a cure need to stay far, far away from me.

He doesn't need to change, people's attitudes about autism does,

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I love my dd for who she is however if there were a cure I would do it in a heartbeat. She deserves the chance at a normal life and if I could give that to her I would.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:08 PM

You're the brainiac that quoted me, lol.  SMH again at the stupidity.

Quoting honeyrder:

No one is begging you to keep replying with your stupidity, you know. It's not a contest (or is it on Cafemom now?), but I declare you a winner. Would you like for your title to be Queen of Stupidonia or Empress of the Stupidverse?

Quoting Anonymous:

Smh @ the stupidity. 

Quoting honeyrder:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting honeyrder:

Quoting Anonymous:

CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:08 PM

My SO and I both wish there was a cure for my stepson. 

A_McCool
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:11 PM
4 moms liked this

I think the problem is not with looking for a cure but with the seemingly narrow minded focus on a cure.  I'm sure a cure could be wonderful; however, a future cure doesn't help autistic individuals NOW.  Now, we need acceptance and the supports to exist in society.  Now, we need understanding and compassion.  There are many things we need now, but treating autistic individuals as if we need to be cured is not helping anyone.

elkmomma
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:14 PM

You're absolutely right.  I never stated that they were either.  BTW I do live with it 24/7 with my own DS, but I am thankful he is high functioning.  Regardless of my situation, it's still us "normals"  that have to learn what a spectrum child is communicating; verbal or not.   The point is that all our kids CAN communicate in some form. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Nonverbal is not the same as non communicative but when a child has aa difficult time expressing his needs/desires bc he cannot speak..it leads to very severe meltdowns. Being around it sometimes and living it 24/7 is totally different.

Quoting elkmomma:

I keep reading posts and hear others talk bout how their ASD child CAN'T communicate or CAN'T express their needs or wants....BS.  It's not what they CAN'T do it's that we "normals" CAN'T understand what these kids are telling us.  I'm around spectrum kids all the time and they are all different and they all communicate differently.  It's up to me to figure out what they are conveying; yes it's difficult at times trying to understand, but it's also so much fun learning from them too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)