Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Why is there a homeless man on the couch? No, wait. Thats my husband!"

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:43 PM
  • 55 Replies

My husband's job gave him a week off of work. So starting today he decided he was going to be a bum. Luckily are daughters are with my parents for their spring break so there would have been chaos. I went to work today around 9:00 am and he was still sleeping. Usually he off to work by now. So anyway, I am at work and I called him during my lunch break which is around 1 to see how he is. He told me he was sitting on couch playing on his Xbox. I said to myself " well he is enjoying his time off. I came back a half hour ago after work and going to the store to pick up somethings and I see my husband on the couch looking like a bum still playing his Xbox in his boxers. There is a huge mess in the kitchen and the living room. There were dishes in the sink, bags of chips, beer bottles and a pizza box on coffee table and floor. Also I can tell he didnt shower.  All I can say to myself after seeing him is "Good Grief"

Is your husband like mine on his day off?

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
logansmommy612
by Amanda on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Hahah if he had a day to himself he would be exactly like yours
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xanayda
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:45 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm like that occasionally and i don't have a job! Lol. Its ok to bum it out every once in a while. :) 

Blessedlife79
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:45 PM

My hubby doesnt get a day off :( But he would know better than to leave a mess like that......I have OCD when it comes to a clean house lol.

D.O.E.
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:46 PM

sometimes........

Thewife06
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:46 PM

His 'day off' would end right there and he'd clean up after himself.... then he could go back to beign a bum.  If my hubby wants to be a bum every now & then, I only ask that he stop being a bum for about 15 mintues and clean up his shit. 

peachesforme
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:47 PM

well, it's his time off. he should enjoy it and do whatever he wants to do, as long as he isn't attracting flies. and how often do you two get a break from kids? Let him enjoy it, as long as you aren't being used as a servant.

MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:47 PM
nope. we are constantly on the go. He was off today and we went fishing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3B
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this

My first question is "why does your husband have an XBox? I have never actually met a grown man that acutally has his own video game.  They may play with their teenage sons, but purchase their own, no. 

2012Rabbit12
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

yes. lol. he is too lazy to even fix our shower. He does nothing productive.

Jade_Lufercus
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:49 PM

My husband doesn't clean at all, but he does help out quite a bit with the kids. Like when he gets home he pretty much immediatly picks up our youngest and plays on the floor with him and our oldest. Or holds the baby while he's playing WoW on his computer. But I'm a SAHM and it's my JOB to clean and what not.

When I worked and he was a SAHD with our oldest he cleaned maybe once every two weeks. It was still me cleaning, cooking, laundry. Sometimes I'd come home with him AND the baby still in pj's, dirty dishes every where. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)