Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should a Father sit in the Bathroom while his 7 year old DD..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Bathes/showers?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Replies (41-50):
mcclainprincess
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't see what he issue would be. My six year old son sometimes asks me to keep him company while he. taking a bath
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:08 PM
if he's helping her wash up. my friends dsd has cerebal palsy (sp) and her dad helps her with showers if my friend is busy with their newborn twin dds and 4&5 year old ds'.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:08 PM
15 moms liked this
If you cannot trust your husband to not molest your daughter there is something seriously wrong.

Quoting paganmommy4:

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

First, 90 percent of child molesters know their victims. Most are not strangers who lurk in the bushes, waiting to kidnap children. "We're talking about family friends, uncles, fathers, brothers and neighbors," Oprah says. "Less than 10 percent of molesters are the strangers who are abducting kids who you see on the news."

Read more: http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/4-Things-to-Know-About-Child-Molestation#ixzz2PGQDWu2O

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:09 PM

My dh stands outside the curtain and checks her hair. He keeps the door open. I don't think my husband is a pedophile. Im a survivor of child sex abuse. 

matofour
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg. It's the dad. So what.
If the daughter doesn't have an issue, so what. My kids are still forever changing around both me and my husband. I am sure that will change quickly, but for now they aren't embarrassed. Why make them feel bad about it.
SadeAyosmom
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:09 PM

if he is pooing i guess he has too.

we only have one bathroom.

So sometimes she has to toilet when he is showering but he usually holds everything in he likes to poo in peace.

but he will urinate no matter who is in there. like i could be in there bathing the 2 of them and he will walk in to pee.

i remember my cousins step dad would go in while she showered ended up he had been raping her.

finnbar
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:09 PM

not really. you know nothing about my child or my house.  My child is LOUD and my house is SMALL ;)

people did not used to sit over their bathing children, true story.

Quoting Anonymous:

Woah! Aaalright, that's just irresponsible.

Quoting finnbar:

uh, no.  We do not sit in the bathroom while our 2 year old bathes/plays/turns the floor into a pool/etc

people need to stop helioptering already

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:10 PM
My DD loves for daddy to play bath toys with her. She's 6.
TheMommaJessie
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:10 PM

if she still is needing help washing & rinsing her hair & dad is only 1 there i see nothing wrong with it

anon1986East
by Kali on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:10 PM

I don't see a problem with it at that age, unless the child (or father) feels uncomfortable with it. My 8 and 7 year old typically bathe alone though, sometimes my husband and I will go in there if one of them can't get the plug out but they know how to wash themselves and I always make sure there's a clean towel hanging up with a change of clothes in the bathroom for them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)