Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should a Father sit in the Bathroom while his 7 year old DD..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Bathes/showers?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Replies (71-80):
beethann
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:17 PM
I agree.

Quoting momto3infl:

I f both comfortable with it I see no issue.  My 9yr asks her farther and many times grandfather to sit in bathroom and talk with her while she showers or baths.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:18 PM

why would he need/want to? does she not know how to shower/bath herself? I think if she actually NEEDS the help like shes special needs or something it's okay. I dont really understand why he is though, I need more info

finnbar
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:18 PM

your misguided concern is appreciated, if not needed.

I hope one day you grow a big enough pair to criticize other people without hiding behind the anon button ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes and by the time you realize you *aren't* hearing him it will be a little too late.
I really hope nothing happens to that poor child because his parents are both too lazy to be bothered to supervise him in the tub.

Quoting finnbar:

he could fall with me sitting there watching him, duh! he's done it before, not in the tub but other places.

he is not clumsy like so many children I see places, he's been safely sitting and crawling around the bathtub since he was less than a year old.

yes, I know drowning is silent. Which is why all the noise he makes reassures me he ISN'T drowning.

Quoting Anonymous:

At 2 years old? Yes, yes they do. That's just flat out lazy and dangerous.
Drowning is a silent death. And God forbid your child fall.

Quoting finnbar:

not really. you know nothing about my child or my house. Γ‚ My child is LOUD and my house is SMALL ;)

people did not used to sit over their bathing children, true story.

Quoting Anonymous:

Woah! Aaalright, that's just irresponsible.

Quoting finnbar:

uh, no. Γ‚ We do not sit in the bathroom while our 2 year old bathes/plays/turns the floor into a pool/etc

people need to stop helioptering already

AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Wow....some of these answers are fkn weird....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:18 PM

My dad did, not every man wants to molest every child, good grief, did he not change her diaper?

IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I help my boys in the shower. They still know that their private parts should be kept private. They know not to show them to anyone, let anyone touch them (or touch anyone's)......but they also know that if they need help with a problem they can talk to me or their daddy. I think it's kind of crazy for a girl to think she can't ask her dad for help without being fully covered.

Quoting got2monsters:

i just dont think its appropriate for an adult man, even a father, to sit there and watch while a 7 yr old girl showers. at that age she should know that private parts are to be kept private, and if she needs something she should only consult with mom. i remember one single time when my dad saw me in the tub, i mightve been four or five, and i made him give me a towel to cover up with so he could rinse my hair under the faucet in the bathtub. i knew at that age that grown men shouldnt see me naked. and i will teach my daughter the same thing. after about four or five yrs old, dh is the only male who will ever see her naked and only in an emergency at that. him and i agree that is most appropriate. but each to thier own.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol! She's 7. So she wants some company....what's the harm? You seem kind of harsh...

Quoting got2monsters:

no, at seven yrs old she should be doing it herself, by herself. no supervision should be needed at that age. she needs to learn some independence.

kevinzwifey
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Why would he?

onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Sure why not.

Jasuzha
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting finnbar:

I don't know where you got that misinformation. People have always watched small children in the bath. If anything were to happen to your child you would be charged with endangerment and neglect.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Yupp. Let's attack the use of anon when you realize you are wrong. I see it everyday, it's rather hilarious.
The fact that I'm anon doesn't change the fact that you are irresponsible.

Quoting finnbar:

your misguided concern is appreciated, if not needed.

I hope one day you grow a big enough pair to criticize other people without hiding behind the anon button ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes and by the time you realize you *aren't* hearing him it will be a little too late.

I really hope nothing happens to that poor child because his parents are both too lazy to be bothered to supervise him in the tub.

Quoting finnbar:

he could fall with me sitting there watching him, duh! he's done it before, not in the tub but other places.

he is not clumsy like so many children I see places, he's been safely sitting and crawling around the bathtub since he was less than a year old.

yes, I know drowning is silent. Which is why all the noise he makes reassures me he ISN'T drowning.

Quoting Anonymous:

At 2 years old? Yes, yes they do. That's just flat out lazy and dangerous.
Drowning is a silent death. And God forbid your child fall.

Quoting finnbar:

not really. you know nothing about my child or my house. Γ‚ My child is LOUD and my house is SMALL ;)

people did not used to sit over their bathing children, true story.

Quoting Anonymous:

Woah! Aaalright, that's just irresponsible.

Quoting finnbar:

uh, no. Γ‚ We do not sit in the bathroom while our 2 year old bathes/plays/turns the floor into a pool/etc

people need to stop helioptering already

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)