Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I told her if she wants to have an abortion, she needs to get out of my house

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 450 Replies
10 moms liked this

My SIL is 18 and living with us. She moved in last month because MIL and FIL wanted to move back to their hometown (out of the country) to be with their mothers (both mothers are dying). I was not a permanent move but SIL is a senior in high school and obviously didn't want to move with them.

I thought she might be pregnant and I asked her, she admitted she was 7 weeks along. I asked her if she had made an appointment with the OBGYN and offered to set her up with mine, if she wanted. I also asked if she was taking prenatals and offered to go buy her some over the counter ones. She said that she doesn't see the need because she thinks she might have an abortion. Now, I understand that having an abortion is her legal right, however I am pro life and that is my right. I told her that it's up to her but, if she chooses to have an abortion, she had better pack up her stuff before she goes because she won't be welcome back in our home. I will also tell MIL and FIL why I have kicked her out. DH agreed with me, as I knew he would. One way or another MIL and FIL will know about it (either she will stay pregnant and they will of course know or she will abort, I will kick her out and they will know) so maybe that will take one reason she wants to abort away.

This really just sickens me.

This was already asked but I am sure it will be again so, this is my DH's sister not my brother's wife.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM

BUMP!

jojo_star
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM
38 moms liked this

I am so thankful that my parents supported me when I aborted, that they loved me no matter what, and accepted that my life is mine, and that only I have to live with my choices. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Smh
JNLmomme09
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM
10 moms liked this
You should TRY and support her decision and not make her feel like she needs to justify her reasons to you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:31 PM
um you realize this is like completely the opposite of most abortion posts right?
JNLmomme09
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Where's her husband ?
mama2ameira
by captain underpants on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:32 PM
11 moms liked this
YOU sicken me. she's not ready for a baby! Smh. Poor thing.
Mommy2b2many
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:32 PM
13 moms liked this
While I understand being anti-abortion; I am anti-abortion myself. But kicking out a person in need when they aren't causing harm; or putting you or your children at risk.... That seems harsh. I understand your stance; but that's your SIL.... she's family
soccermomma72
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:32 PM
12 moms liked this

Your house your choice

kris0921
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:33 PM
5 moms liked this
I would do the same!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN