Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you have an autistic child...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
When and What were some of the very first signs that you started thinking something just wasn't quite right? Or looking back now, do you think there are things you missed that should have clued you in ? Do you think they were born this way, or that something caused it?
I'm asking because my biggest fear is that ds 5 months is going to be autistic .
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Don't even start thinking and worrying about it now...there's no possible way you could tell this early (and I know people will say you can, but you can't!). Just enjoy your baby:)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:22 PM
It could be possible, that's why I'm asking

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't even start thinking and worrying about it now...there's no possible way you could tell this early (and I know people will say you can, but you can't!). Just enjoy your baby:)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:26 AM
1 mom liked this
What I'm saying is, if you get this magical list of 'signs' of autism in your baby, you're going to spend all your time watching for them and worrying about them instead of enjoying your baby.

Yes, it could be possible that your baby is autistic. There is also a possibility that she has hundreds of other disabilities and diseases. No doctor is going to diagnose her this early. The only thing you can do is interact with her and take care of her and love her. And if she does end up with autism, she's still your baby and you'll still love her.

Quoting Anonymous:

It could be possible, that's why I'm asking

Quoting Anonymous:

peaches_04
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:27 AM
Theres no way to tell this early
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
raye-chan
by Raye on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:30 AM
There's no way to tell early. I do know if my son's doctors are correct then I'm still going to love my son whether or not if he is or isn't. Try to relax hon. Your little one is young; enjoy that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Difficulty with wood puzzles recreating shapes with blocks just not being able to do what peers are capable of doing. I'm autistic
jen_keiko
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:36 AM

enjoy your baby while he's a baby... there'll be time to worry later, when a diagnosis is possible. check out autismspeaks.org they have a lot of good resources.

http://www.autismspeaks.org/what-autism/diagnosis

lexishandRyason
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:36 AM

we saw signs at 6 month old ( before she got any vaccines).. my daughter did not make eye contact, babble or engage with us. she was diagnosed at 1.5 yrs old she was never talk until she was 3 yrs. she has A typical autism. if you any concerns go to you local intermediate  Unit and look in to the birth to 3 program. it should be free for a evaluation for early intervention therapy. i do not reget going with my gut on it

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:36 AM

Mine was much older than 5 months when I noticed. The lining thigns up in a straight line and freaking out if one was moved even an inch was one of the first clues. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)