Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Holiday Monster-in- Law

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:20 PM
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this
Grammy took the kids to visit family, and go to their cousin's first communion over the weekend. Great. Whatever. I couldn't go. So they leave fri morning and she tells me they'll be back around midnight saturday. Doesn't make much sense why they can't just go home with you but cool whatever. I stay up. Midnight on saturday rolls around and she texts they're running late and it'll be closer to 3...i send her a text back that I wont be up. She says she isdropping them off tonight and some incomprehensible gibberish about a basket. So I call and she gets rude about she only bought stuff for my neice -who lives with her and it's not fair that they wont have anything. I haven't said much at this point and she raises her voice and says "you know what ,fine, I'll just take them home with me, I don't even care"...then hangs up before I respond. I try calling back several times and she ignores me. Finally, I text her that I'm setting my alarm for three and I'd like her to go ahead anddrop them off. I'm pissed at this point but I go back to sleep, slept through the alarm but she didn't show anyway. So, in the morning, I go pick the boys up. I have baskets in the car. They're asleep. I wake them up and mil tells them the easter bunny came as soon as their eyes open, they have baskets. My neice has this huge gaudy thing and a giant stuffed animal. It looks like she threw a cpl pieces of her candy into two baskets I bought them last year she ended up with. Anywho. She tells them to bring them to her, she pulls out the plastic grocery bags she used as grass and puts the candy in, hands them the bag and tells them bye...ok crazy. She asked if we're going to church, ya sure see ya. We're also supposed to do dinner with them. We go to church and on the way the kids are telling me she was mean and yelling all weekend. Oldest insistsyoungest was being a brat, I can see it. But she promised to do other stuff with them and punished them by not taking them. We go to church, she avoids me like a weirdo and only talks to the kids. Calls my husband who stayed home out of fear that I was gunna lose my cool and says I was avoiding her and not talking to her so she wanted to know if just him and the kids could come over. So, unanimously we decided not to go to Grammy's for easter sun dinner, good riddance, and stayed home.
Yalls family act like freaks too on holidays?

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lionpaw
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Thats why  i now avoid dh's family! 

kissesxoxo8882
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Nope my only in-law problem is my sil (dh's brother's wife )
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
headingsouth13
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:33 PM

dh's family acts like the all the time

GingerZombie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:07 AM

BUMP!

beachbabies6
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:16 AM

i have no inlaws , both my husbands parents died when he was a child and hes not close with the rest of his family , i wonder sometimes if i would have problems or not , hearing these stories kinda makes me greatful i dont have any

GingerZombie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:22 AM

BUMP!

WithHope
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:26 AM
2 moms liked this
Mine are great. My only complaint is they're sometimes too helpful, and spoil my kiddos. All things considered... I'm lucky!
lauraschatz
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:33 AM
She sounds a bit psycho to me! Luckily I don't have any issues quite that bad with the inlaws. It's just tough sometimes to fit visits with both families in on every holiday. It ends up being a ton of running around and the kids are always exhausted and whiney. We never have any time to enjoy holidays at home. It makes me sad but my MIL gives my husband a tough time about seeing us on every holiday. I feel like my family always comes second and we have to work around his families plans. Christmas is always his family, sun up to sun down and my family only gets x mas eve. It makes me sad every year but I'm tired of fighting it so I just try and make the best of it.
GingerZombie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:33 AM
If it weren't for my neice and the kids all being so close, i'd cut grammy off and have nothing to do with her.
mimi0815
by Mimmie on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Yep which is why we just keep to ourselves for the holidays. We send cards and talk over the phone but that's as far as it goes . They drive me insane .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN