Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Holiday Monster-in- Law

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:22 PM
  • 4 Replies
Grammy took the kids to visit family, and go to their cousin's first communion over the weekend. Great. Whatever. I couldn't go. So they leave fri morning and she tells me they'll be back around midnight saturday. Doesn't make much sense why they can't just go home with you but cool whatever. I stay up. Midnight on saturday rolls around and she texts they're running late and it'll be closer to 3...i send her a text back that I wont be up. She says she isdropping them off tonight and some incomprehensible gibberish about a basket. So I call and she gets rude about she only bought stuff for my neice -who lives with her and it's not fair that they wont have anything. I haven't said much at this point and she raises her voice and says "you know what ,fine, I'll just take them home I don't even care"...then hangs up before I respond. I try calling back several times and she ignores me. Finally, I text her that I'm setting my alarm for three and I'd like her to go ahead anddrop them off. I'm pissed at this point but I go back to sleep, slept through the alarm but she didn't show anyway. So, in the morning,I go to pick them up. I have baskets in the car. They're asleep. I wake them up and mil tells them easter bunny came, they have baskets. My neice has this huge gaudy thing and a giant stuffed animal. It looks like she threw a cpl pieces of her candy into two reused baskets I bought last year and she ended up with. Anywho. She tells them to bring them to her, she pulls out the plastic bags she used as grass and puts the candy in and tells them bye....ok bitch. She asked if we're going to church, ya sure see ya. We're also supposed to do dinner. We go to church and on the way the kids are telling me she was mean and yelling all weekend. Oldest insistsyoungest was being a brat, I can see it. But she promised to do other stuff with them and punished them by not taking them. We go to church, she avoids me like a weirdo and only talks to the kids. Calls my husband who stayed home out of fear that I was gunna lose my cool and says I was avoiding her and not talking to her so she wanted to know if just him and the kids could come over. So, unanimously we decided fuck that dumb cunt and stayed home.
Yalls family act like freaks too on Sun?

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:56 PM
So she was supposed to take them to do something, but your kids were being brats, and so as punishment, she didnt take them to do said fun activity, and now you are pissed about it?
GingerZombie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

So she was supposed to take them to do something, but your kids were being brats, and so as punishment, she didnt take them to do said fun activity, and now you are pissed about it?

didn't say that at all, was more irked about the bitchy midnight call but if u must know I think it's shitty to punish them both when they were invited to go out of town and only one of them ever really acts up. You make the one sit out. I think she should have callec me if she was having problems. Yanno so I can talk to the knucklehead instead of her flipping her lid. I feel like she is mental sometimes....it'd not just me either. Dh just avoids it. Unfortunately my neice lives there and the kids are close.

GingerZombie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:27 AM
bump
GingerZombie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:33 AM
dang...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN