Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Midnight Wake up call. Waking up the kids to clean their room. Good Idea. Or a bad one.

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:14 AM
  • 86 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you wake up your kids to take care of a chore they had kept neglecting like cleaning their room?

Options:

Yes I would

No WAY

I HAVE done it.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 145

View Results

Me and my girls have been going round and round about their room.  I want it to STAY clean.  Last week they lied to me about cleaning it after I was gone all day they told their dad it was clean and went outside to help him clean up the yard. 

I told them.  The next time their room got that bad I would wake them up and make them clean it.  I didn't care WHAT time it was. 

They managed somehow to DESTROY their room in 24 hours.  I went in to check on them.  Its spring break so I let them stay up.   I had stopped hearing noises from their bedroom upstairs.  So I went up to check on them.  It was a WRECK.  I THINK smoke came out of my ears.  It was midnight.  I woke them both up and made them clean it up.  It looked like a tornado hit their bedroom. 

We were up till nearly 2 a.m. before it was completely clean.  

Two of my friends came over so our kids could play and we could swap out books.  One was appalled that I would actually wake them up while they were sleeping.  One thought it was PERFECT.  And that it just may make the lesson stick, because her mom did something similar to her and her sister.  

So CM moms what do you think?

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mstkn.identity
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:16 AM
How old are they?

I like that idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this
If you warned them that was going to happen, you needed to follow up on it...being consistent will let them know you are serious and their actions have consequences...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hilary799
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:17 AM

If I thought it would work....

ChgIsGood2012
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:17 AM
It was spring break and you already warned them. a little mean, but I can't knock it. How old are they?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
matofour
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't do it.

But, I don't want to be supervising room clean up in the middle of the night. I want to be snuggled in my bed.

3lilmonsters88
by Carolina Sky on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I would never wake them up just to clean their room...but to each their own.
BeAmour
by Tonya on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:18 AM
It's better than the punishment I'll be using when DS acts a damn fool when he gets older.

Midnight PT.
invisibleme
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:18 AM
My mom would empty all my drawers and make a bigger mess for me to clean up when I was a teen.
headingsouth13
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:18 AM

i voted no way but how old are they

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:20 AM
LOL! Try waking up my ds. He will Literally NOT wake up. He'll kind of move around in his sleep, but he won't wake up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)