Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Reasons YOU would report someone to CPS

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I would like to ask what is the things you would call CPS over?

I will tell you mine:

1. You are physically abusive

2. You are mentally abusive

3. You are doing drugs ( no weed does not count unless you are having a problem)

4. you are selling drugs ( YES weed counts)

5. you have a REALLY messy or even slightly dirty home

6. you drink way too much

7. you do anything sexual in front of/to/ around your child

8. you do not use a carseat

9. you have no food

10. your kids are left alone

11. your kids are neglected

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Replies (31-40):
Mikeswifee85
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Slightly dirty home, are you freaking serious, do you even have kids!? I think you need to chill a bit, a little mess here and there happens, especially when you have kids. Unless of course your one of those freak parents who don't let your children be children and make messes and enjoy their childhood, SMDH!!!!!

elites2012
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:51 AM

neglect and child abuse are the only ones.  the rest is being a bit too nosy is someone elses family affairs. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:52 AM

CPS wont remove my cousins daughter from their home, her father is molesting her, she went from potty trained and talking to non-verbal and peeing her pants, her mom left the dad and then went back, we have called and called, but they tell us that they have to have a police officer with to remove the child and because the father is friends with the sheriff, nothing ever gets done! The dad is a registered sex offender for molesting his other daughter and yet nothing is getting done, its sad! Why bother calling if they dont give a shit!

janel09
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:53 AM

I saw the pediatrician call cps on her patient. The 3 year old girl was one of seven kids and had vaginal scars inside and out. The mother knew her oldest kids were doing this to her and did nothing.

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:53 AM
1 mom liked this
#2? Seriously?

Quoting Anonymous:

1. doing drugs weed counts/selling counts/ in front of the children/ in the house/ etc

2. drinking alcohol in front of the children/ drunk around the children

3.  Abusing the kids (beating them for no reason all the time/ occasionally/ etc)

4. Sexually abusing the kids

5. Starving the kids.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Mary on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:55 AM

I believe that Missouri is 12. My sister and I were "latch key" kids for awhile when we were kids. Some busy body felt it necessary to call the cops because we were alone one night. I was 10 and my sister was 6. Our parents were the managers of the Little Ceasars in our town and called hourly (2 hours on really busy nights) and would check on us whenever possible while Dad would go out on deliveries. Nothing really came of the call other than a cop showing up to do a well being check. She was impressed by my responsibility (checking out the door window and not removing the chain on the door before seeing her badge) and saw that we were both fine and Mom was coming home soon. It was stressful though.

Quoting Retrokitty:

Where I live its up to te parents discression on what age they want to leave their kids home alone. I'm sure under 5 is considered neglect. but there is no actual law.

Quoting mattiehatter:

For almost all of the above in your OP. I wouldn't report for a slightly dirty home or the kids being left alone if there is someone 13+ present for a short time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:55 AM

LMAO  if you ever called CPS on me because I had a drink in front of my kids and You better have damn good home owners insurance cause I will burn your fucking house down.

You think your better than others. Right thats why your on here ignoring your DH and DC so you can tell others what they do wrong. LMAO I bet your 300lbs on welfare and your house is nasty.

Your nasty house won't matter though Fire has a way of cleaning up everything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:56 AM

you cant define mental abuse. slightly dirty home? you're wasting the case worker's time. drinking when? once in a couple years, i like to get drunk. just that one night, i go ALL out. but no one knows. or my dad- who drinks wine EVERY DAY. just a glass full, but its every day. what defines too much?

DS is supposed to be in a carseat. he's not. we decided not to keep him in one.

left alone? depends on the state/rules. my state- i can leave my kid home alone for however long i deem fit, as long as i felt he was capable of taking care of himself- at any age. told that to me, by a CPS worker as well as the police.

why is selling and doing weed not both bad? i mean, if you're selling- you're a dealer.. if you're smoking it- you're going to a dealer. either way, you're gonna be in harms way if you dont do it safe/right.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:57 AM

LOL I like this, I have 7 kids.... my home is ALWAYS neat and clean and my kids are homeschooled, and they are well mannered. I ean get off your ass and be a parent.... It takes an hour :/

Quoting Mikeswifee85:

Slightly dirty home, are you freaking serious, do you even have kids!? I think you need to chill a bit, a little mess here and there happens, especially when you have kids. Unless of course your one of those freak parents who don't let your children be children and make messes and enjoy their childhood, SMDH!!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:58 AM

If you take your son away from your mom when she drinks no. If you are drinking hard alcohol trying to get drunk in front of your kid on a regular basis yes. This is pretty clear. Don't get drunk infront of your kids. That's stupidity not parenting.  

Quoting camama007:

Question about number 2. So because my mom drinks infront of my son you will call CPS? Or the fact that I have had a drink or two infront of him? You are goin to call? I don't get drunk, I just have a drink maybe 2. I wait till he is in bed if I want to get a real buzz going and someone has to be here.

Quoting Anonymous:

1. doing drugs weed counts/selling counts/ in front of the children/ in the house/ etc

2. drinking alcohol in front of the children/ drunk around the children

3.  Abusing the kids (beating them for no reason all the time/ occasionally/ etc)

4. Sexually abusing the kids

5. Starving the kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN