Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Reasons YOU would report someone to CPS

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I would like to ask what is the things you would call CPS over?

I will tell you mine:

1. You are physically abusive

2. You are mentally abusive

3. You are doing drugs ( no weed does not count unless you are having a problem)

4. you are selling drugs ( YES weed counts)

5. you have a REALLY messy or even slightly dirty home

6. you drink way too much

7. you do anything sexual in front of/to/ around your child

8. you do not use a carseat

9. you have no food

10. your kids are left alone

11. your kids are neglected

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Here in Californa we have no set age 

Quoting mattiehatter:

I believe that Missouri is 12. My sister and I were "latch key" kids for awhile when we were kids. Some busy body felt it necessary to call the cops because we were alone one night. I was 10 and my sister was 6. Our parents were the managers of the Little Ceasars in our town and called hourly (2 hours on really busy nights) and would check on us whenever possible while Dad would go out on deliveries. Nothing really came of the call other than a cop showing up to do a well being check. She was impressed by my responsibility (checking out the door window and not removing the chain on the door before seeing her badge) and saw that we were both fine and Mom was coming home soon. It was stressful though.

Quoting Retrokitty:

Where I live its up to te parents discression on what age they want to leave their kids home alone. I'm sure under 5 is considered neglect. but there is no actual law.

Quoting mattiehatter:

For almost all of the above in your OP. I wouldn't report for a slightly dirty home or the kids being left alone if there is someone 13+ present for a short time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:59 AM
1 mom liked this

lmfao.this.

Quoting Anonymous:

LMAO  if you ever called CPS on me because I had a drink in front of my kids and You better have damn good home owners insurance cause I will burn your fucking house down.

You think your better than others. Right thats why your on here ignoring your DH and DC so you can tell others what they do wrong. LMAO I bet your 300lbs on welfare and your house is nasty.

Your nasty house won't matter though Fire has a way of cleaning up everything.

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:59 AM
So you like wasting money and taking time away from children that really need help?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Mary on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:59 AM

It varies state to state and I'm aware of this. I think it also varies child to child if they can be trusted alone in the house for a short time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Here in Californa we have no set age 

Quoting mattiehatter:

I believe that Missouri is 12. My sister and I were "latch key" kids for awhile when we were kids. Some busy body felt it necessary to call the cops because we were alone one night. I was 10 and my sister was 6. Our parents were the managers of the Little Ceasars in our town and called hourly (2 hours on really busy nights) and would check on us whenever possible while Dad would go out on deliveries. Nothing really came of the call other than a cop showing up to do a well being check. She was impressed by my responsibility (checking out the door window and not removing the chain on the door before seeing her badge) and saw that we were both fine and Mom was coming home soon. It was stressful though.

Quoting Retrokitty:

Where I live its up to te parents discression on what age they want to leave their kids home alone. I'm sure under 5 is considered neglect. but there is no actual law.

Quoting mattiehatter:

For almost all of the above in your OP. I wouldn't report for a slightly dirty home or the kids being left alone if there is someone 13+ present for a short time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Since when is drinking alcohol infront of your child something to call CPS about? I drink (very rarely anymore) around my kids. I like wine and on rare occasion a margarita or a girly mixed drink...and I fail to see how they would not just laugh in your face for this...

Quoting Anonymous:

1. doing drugs weed counts/selling counts/ in front of the children/ in the house/ etc

2. drinking alcohol in front of the children/ drunk around the children

3.  Abusing the kids (beating them for no reason all the time/ occasionally/ etc)

4. Sexually abusing the kids

5. Starving the kids.

nataliesmom2012
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:00 AM

I've only ever called CPS once on someone for neglect. I had a whole list of reasons as to why this family was neglecting their child. The woman on the phone was extremely rude and tried to turn the story around on me. When I tried to contact her supervisor, he was always "out of the office". They never even showed up to her house to investigate.

lesliemck86
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Molestation or abuse...and id better be 100%sure....anything else may be a waste of time to call over. Im not that wrapped up in what other families are doing.....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Yes and if what are your kids doing when you are spending all this time cleaning?

Quoting Anonymous:

Lmao someone should report YOU to CPS, anal retentive clean freak parents' kids end up with anxiety problems later in life. The house shouldn't be disgustingly dirty but does not need to be museum clean and hospital sterile.

Quoting Anonymous:

I honestly think that you should have verything c;lean and all things organized.....we move every 2-4 yearsand in 48 hours my home is unpacked and clean and beautifu;l

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you consider slightly dirty? I keep mine clean(dishes caught up, bathroom clean, floors swept, etc). We just moved so it's cluttered and we are working on it. It is livable though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:01 AM

SLightly dirty home get reallll LOL I would not want to be ur friend ....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Nice assumptions. First I am a catholic. I have drank but not infront of my son. I don't drink to get drunk and I don't need to set bad examples either. Especially considering my son is an infant. I have no business getting drunk while caring for him. That being said if that were true why are children being taken away from their parents when there is suspecting alcohol abuse or the fact that some people become abusive when they drink? Get real. Kids should always come first. If alcohol is more important to you than your kids, then that's on you.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL honey, you can call and WASTE government money and time all you want, but drinking IN FRONT of your kids is not illegal, immoral or wrong....LMAO I drink in fron of mine and they will learn how to enjoy alcohol RESPONSIBLY... let me guess, you are Mormon ad they annot have coffee or tea either :/ LOL get over you

Quoting Anonymous:

1. doing drugs weed counts/selling counts/ in front of the children/ in the house/ etc

2. drinking alcohol in front of the children/ drunk around the children

3.  Abusing the kids (beating them for no reason all the time/ occasionally/ etc)

4. Sexually abusing the kids

5. Starving the kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)