Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Reasons YOU would report someone to CPS

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I would like to ask what is the things you would call CPS over?

I will tell you mine:

1. You are physically abusive

2. You are mentally abusive

3. You are doing drugs ( no weed does not count unless you are having a problem)

4. you are selling drugs ( YES weed counts)

5. you have a REALLY messy or even slightly dirty home

6. you drink way too much

7. you do anything sexual in front of/to/ around your child

8. you do not use a carseat

9. you have no food

10. your kids are left alone

11. your kids are neglected

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Replies (81-90):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Go above the sheriff, police chief or mayor, contact the news and let them know that he is a registered sex offender and has access to another child. Contact the sex registry, contact his probation officer.

contact the director of the cps office

Quoting Anonymous:

CPS wont remove my cousins daughter from their home, her father is molesting her, she went from potty trained and talking to non-verbal and peeing her pants, her mom left the dad and then went back, we have called and called, but they tell us that they have to have a police officer with to remove the child and because the father is friends with the sheriff, nothing ever gets done! The dad is a registered sex offender for molesting his other daughter and yet nothing is getting done, its sad! Why bother calling if they dont give a shit!

flowersbane
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:01 AM

better call cps on me then my home is messy oh noes!

I also don't have a carseat.  But then my kid is 7 and I don't have a car.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:18 AM
Slightly dirty house, really? I clean my house every day but yes it gets a little messy. And I'd love to see you keep my house up with an hour a day. It takes 4 hours to do the downstairs floors every night.
Allinorder
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:23 AM

I guess I would be reported. My house is not 100% spotless. I would be reported for doing anything sexual since I do hug my husband around my kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:31 AM

I would report anything that falls under the definition of abuse/neglect in my state. Since my husband and I both have worked for CPS, we pretty much know what is considered abuse/neglect. If I am unsure, I will call an intake in which could take a few hours as they have one central number for all of the state of Texas. Or I would contact one of my CPS supervisor or CPS program director friends on facebook and ask what they think before I make the call. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:34 AM
1 mom liked this

That's awfully sanctimonious

You may see me in a parking lot  and watch me grab my kid, not see the car backing out and I have CPS crawling all over me.

You may have my daughter over and she tells you something when she gets to be a teenager and I have CPS

A problem doing weed?  Hmm
 Selling drugs.  I wouldn't call on becausse the person selling the drugss could put my family in danger

You could come over while we are having a crazy week and judge that our house slightly dirty and call cps... THAT'S GREAT

I think drinking alot is bad but what is drinking alot.  I drink very  little so someone having a bottle a wine a week is alot to me
if the kids walk in on us which can happen to anyone.  and btw that's with people taking reasonable precautions, I don't think that I would call anyone on that... Sexual abuse ... Abslutely matter a fact kill the pedophile call the sherriff to send the coroner.

Car seats.  If you call about car seats chances are you are making someones life more difficult... kids left alone.  I was a latchkey kid.  I think kids that have people  all the time function less adequately.  that doesn't mean Im for toddlers being left alone and alone doesn't mean that you don't know your neighbor and your  kids cant go over and call.  
You are very  out of touch with all of the impoverished class.  Don't come  over to my house. I feel like I would fart in your presence and you would  call CPS 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:37 AM
I had two glasses of wine tonight.... Big glasses... Would you cal cps on me?

Quoting Anonymous:

1. doing drugs weed counts/selling counts/ in front of the children/ in the house/ etc

2. drinking alcohol in front of the children/ drunk around the children

3.  Abusing the kids (beating them for no reason all the time/ occasionally/ etc)

4. Sexually abusing the kids

5. Starving the kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:46 AM

If it causes you to get drunk and you do this on a daily basis sure.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

1. doing drugs weed counts/selling counts/ in front of the children/ in the house/ etc

3.  Abusing the kids (beating them for no reason all the time/ occasionally/ etc)

5. Starving the kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:50 AM
I just worked 48 hours, had two fatality mva calls.... I work a stressful job and see people die way to often. I do not drink to get drunk. Tonight I drank to sleep and try to erase the images from my brain for the night. I also do not drink every night. Tonight yes the kids happened to be running around while I was drinking.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

5. Starving the kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:00 AM

Well at that point no I wouldn't call. If it's not a daily occurrence, which it's alcoholism if it's done daily to get drunk, and it doesn't affects the kids then you do what you want. My point is when the alcohol becomes a priority over your children, that's a problem. I was babysat by an alcoholic who sat drinking with her husband in front of me, as well as other kids, and did nothing when her child (boy 12 years old) smacked me (I was 5) acrossed the face. Then tried to lie to my mom and say I fell when there was a hand print across my cheek. My mom stopped taking me there immediately after that. But I still have images in my head from my experiences there.

Quoting Anonymous:

I just worked 48 hours, had two fatality mva calls.... I work a stressful job and see people die way to often. I do not drink to get drunk. Tonight I drank to sleep and try to erase the images from my brain for the night. I also do not drink every night. Tonight yes the kids happened to be running around while I was drinking.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

5. Starving the kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)