Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Religion question to non believers

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When a Christian says they will pray for you( and I don't mean pray for your souls, but for YOU, regarding something you are going through),does that offend you?
If it does, why? For a Christian, one of the best ways to show they care is to pray for someone, so if they have no other way of helping you, isn't the fact that they want to help in SOME way a good thing?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Replies (261-270):
amberlyp
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Omg that was hilarious. I cannot stop laughing haha

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't mind what religion you are and what your beliefs are, if you say you'll pray for me, light a candle for me, dance naked in the woods for me, I don't and won't take offense, it's a persons way of showing compassion to a situation. Nothing to get up in arms about. Now if you start beating me with a Bible screaming mercy on my soul, then I'd take offense, but, haven't met a Christian yet who does or would do such, so whatever.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lowencope
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband has an atheist friend who called the manager because the lady at the drive thru told him to have a blessed day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaK88
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:20 PM

It doesn't offend me.  I often thank them for their willingness to pray for myself or my family.

BabyPink07
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't mind if someone includes me in their prayers, I do however not like it when people pray over me.

IpoopRainbows
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Well isn't that what the anti christ usually does?

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

No, it doesn't offend me. It does make me laugh, however.

Aislin
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Yep the anti christ is known as a huge giggler. I heard the love of chocolate and puppies is also involved.

Quoting IpoopRainbows:

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Actually, the Antichrist will show himself to be a follower of God and a leader of man, so no, he would not be laughing at prayers, he would be leading them.

Quoting IpoopRainbows:

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

mariee12
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I don`t think it should bother anyone because its an act of kindness of that person.  she has someone to trust and it happens to be her beliefs in God. so , no it does not bother me at all.

Mitzi31
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:27 PM

It's funny, the ONLY person I can't stand to say it is my MIL. Anyone else and I don't mind at all. She is just a total holy roller. Fanatical really. She always says "God Bless you' instead of bless you when you sneeze and if you don't say it the way she does then you're not on God's side... She's had some issues with health and even though so many people "pray" for her she feels that the only reason God isn't healing her is cause she's not "accepting" it somehow. She also prays for the same things every day like several times a day. She just prays sometimes out of the blue while other people are conversating. She's told people before she'd pray for them but that they have to "accept" it before it will work. I grew up in a very religous home but NOTHING like she is. So glad dh isn't like that. There again, she is the ONLY one I've ever had a problem with it and it's because she's so psycho about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)