Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Religion question to non believers

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When a Christian says they will pray for you( and I don't mean pray for your souls, but for YOU, regarding something you are going through),does that offend you?
If it does, why? For a Christian, one of the best ways to show they care is to pray for someone, so if they have no other way of helping you, isn't the fact that they want to help in SOME way a good thing?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Replies (331-340):
DragonMother10
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:13 AM
2 moms liked this
Atheist here. It does not bother me one bit if someone prays for me. That is THEIR belief and they have every right to do so. I am an Atheist not an asshole.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 53 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:20 AM

If they say they will pray for you in order to wish you well, then nope, not offended at all.  If they say they will pray for you because they don't like your opinion, or life style, then yeah, a little offended.

mitsukai127
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:40 AM

No it doesn't bother me.  Everyone shows their support in different ways.  Christians pray while Pagans light a candle.  

chrissyk3
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:45 AM
It depends on how the person says it or the situation. If it is them saying it just because you aren't religious and want you to change then it does offend me. But if something bad is going on in my life or with my children and that is all you can help me with is your thoughts and prayers then by all means atleast I know you want to help. Who am I to say no don't pray for me. My family and 2 of my children are Christians and they say that stuff all the time. I just smile and say thanks. Then walk away and roll my eyes.
raven1114
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:59 AM

Nope I have no problem with anyone praying for me to whatever deity they worship if they are doing it in good faith.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 54 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:42 AM
It does not offend me in anyway. It just shows me that the person is caring.
Blue_Spiral
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:24 AM

I don't get offended, but I don't judge the person in a positive light after they've said that to me...

Racer15
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:43 AM
It doesn't bother me. Don't really care either way.
Schauseil
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:03 AM
depends on the context.
heartagram_girl
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:19 AM

It doesnt bother me. It just means they are thinking about me and worry about me. As long as they dont try to convert me or preach to me, I am happy with whatever makes them feel happy and content. It doesnt change what I believe.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)