Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I know everything about kids because I have two daughters.

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:18 AM
  • 26 Replies
2 moms liked this

Ok not really. Lol. But I remember before kids I'd see a kid acting out, and I'd be like "I will never let my kids act like that!!" And now I'm like omg I'm that mom!! Lol. You never realize how hard kids are until you are the one solely responsible for them, and their actions. 

What are some things you've been knocked off your pedestal, when it comes to parenting? 

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4weeman
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:20 AM

great post! my mom used to always tell me "want me to give you something to cry about?" and i always said i would never repeat her.....yeah. shame on me. 

ajdahd13
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Omg I thought the same thing, and now I do it. Lol!

Quoting 4weeman:

great post! my mom used to always tell me "want me to give you something to cry about?" and i always said i would never repeat her.....yeah. shame on me. 

KKmommy3
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Many things.  I have 3 kids now, and there have been so many things that I said I would never do before having kids, that are very common now that I do have them.

I said I would never own a mini van.  Check!  I have one, and Love it, I don't think I could ever go back.

Said I would not be a soccer mom, Check!  Soccer, Poms, Swim and Baseball Mom here! And proud of it.

ajdahd13
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I can so relate to the mini van one. I despised those things, and now I can not wait to buy one. Lol 

Quoting KKmommy3:

Many things.  I have 3 kids now, and there have been so many things that I said I would never do before having kids, that are very common now that I do have them.

I said I would never own a mini van.  Check!  I have one, and Love it, I don't think I could ever go back.

Said I would not be a soccer mom, Check!  Soccer, Poms, Swim and Baseball Mom here! And proud of it.

kidlover2
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:24 AM
I thought that children who had tantrums past the age of 2 were just poorly parented. Come to find out many different things are factored in when it comes to tantrums.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tifbrown
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

"Not yours, not a toy, don't touch." I used to hate hearing that, but now it comes out of my mouth regularly haha.

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:25 AM
When my daughter told my parents "daddy and mommy have sex and that's how they made me"

Nothing prepares you for what kids say and do
EvilAsh
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I don't agree with that. I always said my kills will not act that way, and they don't. Never have and they know better and never will. 

That's the only thing I used to say before kids...that I will NOT have bratty kids. And I don't.

bcoll
by Brandi on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Uhm...I guess I never thought it would be easy but I think I kind of assumed that there was a "way" to do things right before I had so many and realized I was parenting seven individual people and not one lump group of kids. Does that make sense?
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:27 AM
2 moms liked this

With my first 3 kids, they were generally "easy."  Rarely misbehaved, listened, so on.  I was always congratulating myself on what a great parent I was. 

Then I had my 4th.  Now, don't get me wrong, she's now 18 and wonderful.  But the girl was EXHAUSTING.  Nonstop all the time.  Gave up naps at 13 months  Didn't care about the "wanting to please" thing (which means NOW peer pressure doesn't exist for her).  Hurt herself (incredibly curious) so many times the triage nurse at the ER (large city hospital) knew me by name!

Yep - found out it wasn't ME -all kids really ARE different and some in wildly different ways.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN