Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

His 6 year old was raped and he does not care. *update*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies
3 moms liked this

My mom married a man a couple of years ago, he has a children with three different women and he hasn't raised any of them and hardly has contact with them.  He pays 25 a week for each of them (6, 11 and 17...his others are in their 30's).  This past weekend my mom and her husband came to visit at my house (they live a few hours away).  Mom has always pushed him to have more to do with his kids, so she set up for the 6 year old girl to stay here too for the weekend.  He hasn't seen or talked to her in two years.  While picking her up they found out that last week the girl's mom's boyfriend was arrested for molesting the girl.  The mom claims it was one incident and he just touched her, no rape. 

The first night here, she really bonded with me (I also have a 6 year old)...I could already tell though that she was behind emotinally and physically.  She talks like a baby, she wears a diaper still, her hair is very thin, and she is very small.  The poor thing also stunk and you could tell she hasn't had a bath in a long time.  That night, as I was making her bed for her to sleep in she said in a small voice "can I say a secret?" I told her "Of course!"...she then told me how her mom's boyfriend put his "weenie" in her, and it hurt.  He would also make her touch his weenie, he would do this every night when she went to bed....She then told me how she was scared to go to sleep, and if I would sleep in there with her until she was asleep.

I went immediately to her father, and told him what she told me...his response "well he was arrested already so he can't hurt her". Then he continued to watch tv like no big deal. By this time I am furious, because it is obvious he does not care.  She needs to be checked by a doctor, it NEEDS to be reported, and he can't even take his eyes off of the tv. 

SO I went ahead and tucked her in, and waited until she was asleep.  The next morning I called CPS and reported it. Long story short, when they questioned her, she said she would scream for her mom and she would always say "I can't hear you!" He has done this for a long time, and also to her sister.  She also does not have a bed, she sleeps on a blanket in the floor, and her mom drinks all the time and is passed out on the couch most of the time. 

Main point being though, my step father DOES NOT CARE, he didn't want it reported because he didn't want to start drama.  HE doesn't want to raise her because he is "too old" to be raising kids. He wants the mom to still keep her because she is younger and has less kids.  EVEN THOUGH OBVIOUSLY the child is not being taken care of.  Now the mom is threatening to keep the child away from him, and he is ok with that.  The whole thing makes me SICK, and I am very furious.  If I could I would take her in as my own and raise her with more love and stability than she could even imagine.  I think I am going to get a lawyer and try...

UPDATE: I called my step father and told him my plan.  Since HE is not wanting to raise his own daughter, he said he will be ok with ME raising her IF I get custody.  So I called a lawyer and she is excited and ready to do this, she says I have a GOOD chance especially since the father is on board with me having her.  I am going to pay her tomorrow and get this ball rolling.  My husband is behind me 100%, and is ready to raise another child.  I just want to get the girls OUT of that bad enviroment and into a HOME where she will be loved, looked after, cared for and has STABILITY!  She deserves it, and we are will to fight for HER. 

forgot to add, the other little girl's bio dad is supposed to have her now.  He has joint custody and he is supposed to file for full custody.  The 11 year old and 17 have a different mom. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:45 AM

wow. I'm so sorry for that poor child. Please do what you can to protect her. 

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:46 AM
This makes me sick

what kind of woman wold stay with a man who didn't care whether not his own child has been raped
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Wow that is sickening, I really hope that you do try to get her or that she is taken away from both of them.

zeenah
by Zarah on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:46 AM

This makes me beyond sad. :-(

MamaRae85
by *you're on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:47 AM

How horrifying. Please do. Do anything and everything possible to get her out of there, even if she doesn't end up with you. I hope you succeed, though. You'd be doing her a lot more good than her mother is. This is so sad...

legobaby
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Wow, what a couple of loser parents if all this is true. It makes me sad. :(

I also think it's weird that the mom would let a 6 year old sexually traumatized girl stay all night at the house of people she doesn't even really know. No wonder she was scared, especially when she has learned not to trust people.

Thank you for doing your best for her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Wow that's sad.  I would definitely try to get her if I were you.

VintageWife
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:49 AM

That's the worst thing I've ever heard!

Aleta775
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:49 AM

That is horrible. I will never understand how a parent could ever just let something like that go and not take action. It makes my stomach turn. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this
What does your mom think about all of this?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN