Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Restaurant sized meals

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:11 AM
  • 24 Replies

Our family rarely eats out.  We did this weekend though and I'm curious...

How many people actually finish the entire meal in one sitting?

Our family (2 adults, 3 kids-13, 10, and 8) shared one appetizer.  None of the kids finished the entire "kids (sized) meal".  My husband and I shared a entree and we still had more than enough leftovers for me to have another meal the next day. I probably could have stretched it to another meal with little added.

Do people really eat this much on a regular basis, or do they splurge because they are eating out and just leave feeling overly full?

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:13 AM
I order kids meal most of the time. Sometimes me and my 6 year old share an entree. We always have enough for the next day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I never do, but then I never finish supper when I cook either, I don't tend to eat a lot. I told my husband the last time we went out that we should start sharing a plate.

I bring mine home and feed it to the dog.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Usually the 7 and 3 year old and I all three share one meal. Occasionally I'll order one kids meal and they split it while I order my own with lots left over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelychaos13
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM

we  eat out at times, will eat what we can and  get a box to take home the rest. but i mustb say it annoys me and the rest of us the small portions of the veggies with a meal, we eat an obscene amount of veggies with a meal, like up at least half the plate is full of veggies. which the kids eat the veggies 1st on any plate. we love them. but yeah  we eat what we can fit in, take rest of main part home and then make a big veggie side to add to it for another meal.

xanayda
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Depends how hungry i am and what i ordered! lol. If its a steak, than yeah i'll probably eat it all. :)

kim8934
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:17 AM

we don't ever finish them.  when SO and I go out, we usually split a meal (at certain restaurants).  I also have a tendency to order the kids meals

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:18 AM
My husband usually finishes. I never do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Some restaurants serve larger portion sizes than others so that could be a reason why. Plus you had an appetizer which is a meal in itself. We eat out several times per week and I usually take half of my meal home and have it for lunch the next day. I'm not a fan of the restaurants that serve overly large portions because those types of restaurants typically serve the unhealthiest foods so I've never been to a place where one plate could serve 3 adults unless it was Chinese food or family-style
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Dh and I certainly can and do eat the whole meal. We're eaters in this family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I'm fatty and can never finish a meal when we go out. We went out a couple of weeks ago and I ordered one of the 500 calorie meals and only ate half of that plate. My husband, on the other hand, always finishes his plates. He is some sort of freak of nature though. He is thin as a rail, but makes me sick with the amount of food he can shovel down.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)