Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Restaurant sized meals

Posted by   + Show Post

Our family rarely eats out.  We did this weekend though and I'm curious...

How many people actually finish the entire meal in one sitting?

Our family (2 adults, 3 kids-13, 10, and 8) shared one appetizer.  None of the kids finished the entire "kids (sized) meal".  My husband and I shared a entree and we still had more than enough leftovers for me to have another meal the next day. I probably could have stretched it to another meal with little added.

Do people really eat this much on a regular basis, or do they splurge because they are eating out and just leave feeling overly full?

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Replies (21-24):
Jalestra
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I count on it. I always have a nice lunch the next day! But my husband and my kids tend to eat all of theirs. They don't feel overly full at all. They are a lot more active than I am and burn a lot of energy. 

balagan_imma
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:49 PM

It really depends on where we go and what is ordered.

My kids can be big eaters, especially DS1 who is 15, 5'11", skinny as a rail and always hungry.

KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM
My DH usually always finishes his. I would say, I take half of mine home about 80% of the time. My 10 yr old dd wil most of the time finish. Kid meal if its things she likes. She's very picky though. My 8 yr old ds eats all of his maybe 75% of the time. My 3 yr old twins always split a meal and still don't finish. They also eat some of mine and DH.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kaybear123
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I can eat a whole meal and still be hungry.. Lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN