Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Has anyones child had an endoscopy?

Posted by   + Show Post

My dd needs to have one due to severe reflux.  we tried to treat it with meds but they are not helping.  Just wanted some real experience from mommies who have been there before.  how was the test?  how long did it take?  did you get the results right away?  what was the treatment plan?

thanks

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Replies (11-17):
ambermarie2006
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I had one done, it was no big deal. The biggest issue was coming out of the sedative afterwards, they gave me too much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cutenessmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Usually tell you right then soemtimes.. My sons had it to many times to count...

Mandy575
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Our oldest DD had to have one about a month ago. Depending on your child's age they put our DD to sleep she is 14. It was pretty quick and all accept her having a sore throat for a couple of days it was pretty painless. She has early onset gastritis and has a bunch of meds she has to take she is also a type 1 diabetic as well. They also did some biopsy's as well.

sfkdny
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:30 PM

she is 6

Quoting Mandy575:

Our oldest DD had to have one about a month ago. Depending on your child's age they put our DD to sleep she is 14. It was pretty quick and all accept her having a sore throat for a couple of days it was pretty painless. She has early onset gastritis and has a bunch of meds she has to take she is also a type 1 diabetic as well. They also did some biopsy's as well.

Mandy575
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I would just ask the Dr. what they are going to do. I would think they would rather her sleep through it.  Good Luck. 

Quoting sfkdny:

she is 6

Quoting Mandy575:

sfkdny
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:37 PM

My DH took her today for a visit with the gastro and he said she would definitely not be awake during the procedure

Quoting Mandy575:

I would just ask the Dr. what they are going to do. I would think they would rather her sleep through it.  Good Luck. 

Quoting sfkdny:

she is 6

Quoting Mandy575:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:41 PM
My DD is 9. She had a colonoscopy and upper endoscopy last year. They knocked her out and it took roughly 20 minutes. When she woke up, she was her normal self.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)