Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son does NOT need a cure. He's fine. He is the new norm.

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:28 AM
  • 176 Replies
19 moms liked this
Yes, autism has moments that totally and completely suck ass! Makes a person down right miserable at times with meltdowns. But if my son's autism was gone, so would my son. He would not be who he is. He's beyond brilliant. He NEVER forgets anything. He is very lovable and huggable. If he didn't have autism he probably would have stopped kissing me at 4 like my brother did with my mom, cuz he was too old for that. Every small thing everyone else takes for granted I see as an extra special moment. The first time I heard love you i texted every person in my phone., plastered it all across fb and cm in every single autism group I was in. Most moms with nonasd kids would have maybe posted it as a status update on fb. Not a big deal for thm, those things are going to happen. it's not a guarantee for all of the parents with asd children. My son has taught me son many wonderful things. To rely more on God and not myself, to treasure the small things in life, to be patient, to love 100% unconditionally, to be accepting of things I don't understand , and to show others how to do the same.

ETA: I work. I will get to your replies at sometime. I know last time I didn't respond immediately everyone said it was a troll post.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:31 AM
12 moms liked this

I will be gone and my helpless Autistic son will be at the mercy of people other than his Mother, so I would prefer a cure!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Here we go with all of these ridiculous autism posts. Stop beating a dead horse.
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:33 AM
3 moms liked this

A long time ago, there was a woman in our state claiming to "cure" people with Autism by extracting mercury out of their system. My mom was willing to drive my brother down there if he wanted to be put on the waitlist. He told her no, and that being Autistic was just part of who he was and he liked who he was, high functioning Autism or not.

ETA: He's 24 now.

MommyofJustin
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Very true! :)) glad you.feel so strongly this way!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:34 AM
4 moms liked this

My son is beyond brilliant, he never forgets, he is very lovable and huggable. He still kisses me and loves on me at 5, and he doesn't have ASD. I eat up every little thing with both of my children, so maybe you wouldn't "lose your son" if they found a cure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:34 AM
7 moms liked this
Sure because mothers of nonasd kids don't cherish their kids' milestones nor do they learn any of the things you listed during their parenting.

Gtfo. Asd are NOT in any way the norm nor should they be.
Pennerb924
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:35 AM
I am no affected by autism
Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:35 AM
8 moms liked this
The new norm???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyofJustin
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:36 AM
4 moms liked this
Obviously you knew it would be about autism with today being autism awareness and the title... don't open if you dont care.

Quoting Anonymous:

Here we go with all of these ridiculous autism posts. Stop beating a dead horse.
brittney28
by Brittney on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Right?

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

The new norm???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN