Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

BM needs to stop trying to control things in SM's house!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
BACKSTORY: PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU COMMENT

***POSTED A PIC OF 14 YEAR OLD STEPSON RIDING 2 YEAR OLD SON AROUND YARD ON A 4 WHEELER MODIFIED TO GO NO FASTER THAN A LAWNMOWER. AND THEY WERE NOT MOVING IN THE PICTURE.
BM NEVER HAS ANYTHING NICE TO SAY WHEN IT COMES TO DAD OR I. WOULDN'T NORMALLY CARE EXCEPT BM CONSTANTLY LOOKS FOR NEGATIVE THINGS TO SAY TO 14SS ABOUT DAD AND I AND THE FACT THAT WE ARE NOT THE STRICTEST TIGHT ASSES IN THE WORLD LIKE SHE IS. AND BEFORE YOU ASK NO BM IS NOT MY FRIEND ON FB. SHE SAW PIC I TAGGED 14SS IN BECAUSE SHE IS HIS FRIEND ON FB AND WHEN I TAGGED HIM IT PUT THE PIC ON HIS WALL.***

BM always has some passive aggressive implication to post under 14SS pics on his FB, ex: when 14SS posted a pic and said that he loved the Christmas gift I got him and that it was the best one he got this Christmas BM then had to post and ask him why he thought it was better than what she got him or better than what his father got him....that kind of thing. I usually laugh and ignore but this time I sarcastically commented back that his helmet was not in the picture because I didn't want his face covered for the pic, once the picture was taken he went over to grab his helmet (which I said was sitting right next to his beer) then I wrote JUST KIDDING in giant letters.
BM and DH have told me a couple of times on different occasions that I am NOT the mother of 14SS so I decided to disengage from being a stepmother and start being "the fun aunt" type. 14SS already has one mother he doesn't need another one. I am NOT going to be stepparent just when BM thinks it's appropriate.

SHE TEXTED DH WITH THIS: Seriously? All over asking where his helmet was? Being his "friend" is inappropriate. She's not a teen she is a STEP parent which means she supports you, not talks to me or starts shit. I don't want to hear from her about anything. I can ask whatever questions i want about my son and about what he's doing whenever i want. Maybe you should have asked more questions over the years and been more concerned about what's going on with him. If you or her took me asking where his helmet was as a judgment then maybe you have a guilty conscience. Now, i can't remove the posts, i tried. You have to do it from your end. I won't answer you, so don't bother responding. And i sure therapy sessions will prove to be very interesting.

Honestly? You BMs wonder why us SM's get pissy sometimes??
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:10 PM
I see no reason why the mother wouldn't be able to ask where the helmet was at. I think you all are completely overreacting.

it's so upsetting to see so many parents And step parents fighting about such petty crap
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IamDB
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:13 PM
WHY do you care so much about what she says? Who cares what she thinks? If she's being petty, let her; she's just making you look better in the process. When you respond, it's you who looks like the asshole.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Honestly she probably just feels threatened that her ds may like you more than he likes her. It would be hard to watch your kid bond with another woman. I do think it was inappropriate to make a joke about the beer though when you already know she doesn't find you to be charming, kinda just stirring the pot on your end.

anitarichman
by Anita on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Maybe she doesn't like the relationship you and DSS have.  She comes off as being jealous of your relationship.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I understand completely where you are coming from. Sometimes you just have to breath and be thankful your SS knows you and loves you for who you are and just ignore the BM's behavior. DH, myself and the kids have learned that we just have to let what she says go in one ear and out the other because we know and the kids know that she is BAT $HIT CRAZY!!!!! Good luck and try to look on the bright side he will be 18 soon and you wont have to worry about the choices BM makes for SS he will be able to chose for himself. 4yrs will go by in a flash!

gabrielsmommy04
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:21 PM

bm doesn't try to contol our household she knows it won't fly or course it really doesn't matter anymore cause my youngest ss just turned 18. bm has tried every dirty trick in the book on me she even called cps and dh and me cps said it was the most ludacris call they have ever been out on.  bm blocks dh and i from her facebook which i find hilarious because we have never done anything to provoke her i don't block her if i have something to say i say it i don't go sneaking around. 

sstef126
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Petty. Seems like yall like to jab at one another. I have been in this situation and I ignore texts and sure don't fool with facebook. Just keep insults and comments to yourselves it accomplishes nothing...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:29 PM
I am told that I am NOT his mother and then when I act like his friend I get in trouble for that too, it's like, what am I supposed to do with this kid? I care about him and I love him but since I'm not taken seriously I have disengaged as stepmother and it works for me. BM wants to pick and choose when I get involved and when I don't and I don't think she should have that right

Quoting anitarichman:

Maybe she doesn't like the relationship you and DSS have.  She comes off as being jealous of your relationship.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:05 PM

I think you were the one with the issues. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)