Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If abortion is murder, what about removing life support?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
This is a serious question, and is not meant to cause drama. I know it will probably cause a little drama, because well this is CM, but if we could try to be adult about it, that would be great.

Okay, so if you are pro-life, do you believe in "pulling the plug" on someone who is no longer able to live on their own? Assuming, they have no medical directive, where they have previously and explicitly stated their wishes, should the family be able to make that decision or should they remain on life support for the rest of their life?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Seriously no one has an opinion on this
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this
If the only thing keeping them alive is devices in the hospital then i believe they should pull the plug after like three month, only if the person is completley unable to communicate and cannot survive outside the hospital. They are completly different. An abortion could have led to a very happy innocent baby, then child and adult.
HPfanatic
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Yes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:32 PM
A fetus cannot survive without a mother though. We dont know how to grow test tube babies yet, outside of the womb.

Quoting Anonymous:

If the only thing keeping them alive is devices in the hospital then i believe they should pull the plug after like three month, only if the person is completley unable to communicate and cannot survive outside the hospital. They are completly different. An abortion could have led to a very happy innocent baby, then child and adult.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Bump for title change
yperez0209
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I am pro life and I feel that life should be defended from birth to natural death. When it comes to this question you are asking it's really a case to case type of situation. I believe that life should be defended and someone should not be euthanized. However if the person is brain dead there is no reason, other than sentiment, to keep them alive ( that's not a good reason ) I say let them go.

Now, this takes alot of disernment because I don't personally trust the opinion of medical profesionals because insurance money can be involved, so I would contact and be advised by someone in the church before deciding on this one. 

I'm sorry if I don't a clear answer but I struggle with this question myself. I'm going to try finding something on the matter in the Catechism of the Catholic Church and add it to my reply.

B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:36 PM
3 moms liked this

A person who is being kept alive artifically by machines is a far cry from a person being kept alive in a pregnancy.

Additionally, "pulling the plug" is allowing nature to take its course, whether that leads to life or death. Abortion interferes with nature's course and leads to unnecessary, avoidable death.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:37 PM

If it's a permanent state of being kept alive by machines than yes pull the plug. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Thanks for your answer. I like that you have thought about it.

Quoting yperez0209:

I am pro life and I feel that life should be defended from birth to natural death. When it comes to this question you are asking it's really a case to case type of situation. I believe that life should be defended and someone should not be euthanized. However if the person is brain dead there is no reason, other than sentiment, to keep them alive ( that's not a good reason ) I say let them go.

Now, this takes alot of disernment because I don't personally trust the opinion of medical profesionals because insurance money can be involved, so I would contact and be advised by someone in the church before deciding on this one. 

I'm sorry if I don't a clear answer but I struggle with this question myself. I'm going to try finding something on the matter in the Catechism of the Catholic Church and add it to my reply.

FoodIsLife
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:42 PM

In the end, it's still all a choice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)