Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
SO Had his surgery a week ago and he's up moving around and refuses to take his meds for pain. So he's irritable.
He's left the house many times for store runs, his friends house, whatever.
I can't leave the kids with him because he can't lift them. He didn't participate at Easter with my mom, he stayed home (he misses every holiday with the kids except baby's birthday in January).
So, he can leave the house (just did just now) whenever he wants (like always) and now I can't leave the kids here because he's on a lift restriction to 8lbs.
I just want to cry. I want out of the house without the kids for a bit... I'm also on my period so maybe I'm just being a big baby...
But I really am needing a break.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
Lizardannie1966
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:57 PM

From the way I am reading this, he behaves this way regardless if he's had the recent surgery or not. Yes?

If so, there's an unfair imbalance going on in your relationship.

Can I ask why he misses all the holidays? Why doesn't he participate for the sake of the kid's?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Sounds like you're not used to being a sahm lol. 

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:57 PM

He's gonna be okay! He's gonna probably play the 'ohh everything hurts me blah blah blah' bs but try not to fall for it! Go enjoy yourself! 

Quoting hp2011:

Its supposed to be this weekend and considering he's out hanging out with his friends he should be okay enough to leave alone... hope I can go :/

Quoting AF2011:

Did you ever go on your mini vacation or something like that?

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Its really weird to me. He doesn't even visit his own family for holidays... idk

Quoting Anonymous:

That doesn't explain why he doesn't participate now, personally I wouldn't accept his reasons, start making expectations in your marriage, you deserve to.

Quoting hp2011:

He's off work till at least may. he doesn't participate because his family didn't celebrate because they were poor... so he claims.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well it's just temporary right? The restriction will end once he's better?

Why doesn't' he participate in holidays with you?

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:59 PM
It's only been a week. He had surgery.... Maybe I'm missing something.
But that is super lame he doesn't join in on family things. THAT'S what would piss me off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Finch28
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:59 PM

But don't you want better, and more for your children? Doesn't he?

Quoting hp2011:

Its really weird to me. He doesn't even visit his own family for holidays... idk

Quoting Anonymous:

That doesn't explain why he doesn't participate now, personally I wouldn't accept his reasons, start making expectations in your marriage, you deserve to.

Quoting hp2011:

He's off work till at least may. he doesn't participate because his family didn't celebrate because they were poor... so he claims.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well it's just temporary right? The restriction will end once he's better?

Why doesn't' he participate in holidays with you?

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Sure I am and I like it, but he's not working right now so I don't like being walked all over. My job deserves respect too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like you're not used to being a sahm lol. 

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Yes. the surgery is his first valid excuse for not watching the kids. I would be more compassionate if he weren't always like this. his social life is more important than mine.

as for holidays, I don't know... he's just got no interest in family functions.

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

From the way I am reading this, he behaves this way regardless if he's had the recent surgery or not. Yes?

If so, there's an unfair imbalance going on in your relationship.

Can I ask why he misses all the holidays? Why doesn't he participate for the sake of the kid's?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:02 PM

It's hard when you can't depend on your husband/so (I know from experience, my husband is disabled) and you are going to have to learn how to get a break while still supervising the kids yourself.  I take the kids to the playground or the library to play, and I joined a couple playgroups, if the weather is crummy we can go to the mall to play on the indoor playground, or play with the toys at the bookstore, or go mini-golfing, play at chuck e cheese, try out the toys at the toy store.  All of these activities require minimal supervision on your part, you and the kids will get a change of scenery.  Definitely make some mommy friends!

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:02 PM
IMO if he's good enough to hang out he's good enough to participate in Easter.

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

It's only been a week. He had surgery.... Maybe I'm missing something.

But that is super lame he doesn't join in on family things. THAT'S what would piss me off.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)