Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
SO Had his surgery a week ago and he's up moving around and refuses to take his meds for pain. So he's irritable.
He's left the house many times for store runs, his friends house, whatever.
I can't leave the kids with him because he can't lift them. He didn't participate at Easter with my mom, he stayed home (he misses every holiday with the kids except baby's birthday in January).
So, he can leave the house (just did just now) whenever he wants (like always) and now I can't leave the kids here because he's on a lift restriction to 8lbs.
I just want to cry. I want out of the house without the kids for a bit... I'm also on my period so maybe I'm just being a big baby...
But I really am needing a break.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Replies (31-40):
babygirl_1012
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Good luck! I know i would have lost it by now if I had to go through that. Its ok to whine or complain, we need to vent sometimes. I hope it gets better.

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Yeah... I established that we did counseling for several months and eventually got back together quite a while ago. The verbal abuse has stopped but he's still a dick.he has made huge improvements, and I wasn't ready to throw in the towel just yet. its just little shit now like the post I made now and little bickers and disagreements.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you're back with the guy who treated you like shit and abused you before?

Quoting hp2011:

Lmao what? The baby is ours together. he missed every "first" holiday with him.

Quoting Anonymous:

They aren't his kids. So realistically hes not obligated to participate, or be responsible for them. Sucks, but it is what it is. Maybe find a day drop in daycare.
Paranoai
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:12 PM

oh she sounds like a winner

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting Anonymous:

They aren't his kids. So realistically hes not obligated to participate, or be responsible for them. Sucks, but it is what it is. Maybe find a day drop in daycare.

Rbrown72707
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Maybe you should get a cheap babysitter for a few hours.  It might be worth it for your sanity:)

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Well because he has his first son now and I hoped he would want to be more involved. He takes care of him and helps me at home but isn't into holidays.

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

You're right. But if he has NEVER gone why would you expect him to now?

Quoting hp2011:

IMO if he's good enough to hang out he's good enough to participate in Easter.

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

It's only been a week. He had surgery.... Maybe I'm missing something.

But that is super lame he doesn't join in on family things. THAT'S what would piss me off.
hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:15 PM
So what do you sound like?
Because IMO you sound mean.

Quoting Paranoai:

oh she sounds like a winner

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:15 PM
I'm not sure why you're surprised then.

I mean it wasn't a secret he was a lazy douche before. In a way I'm surprised you didn't expect this. It was fairly clear to a lot of us then that you deserved better. I think that still holds true.

Quoting hp2011:

Yeah... I established that we did counseling for several months and eventually got back together quite a while ago. The verbal abuse has stopped but he's still a dick.he has made huge improvements, and I wasn't ready to throw in the towel just yet. its just little shit now like the post I made now and little bickers and disagreements.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting Anonymous:

Paranoai
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Sounds like you know how to pick them

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting Anonymous:

Sister.Menses
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:18 PM
He's being a selfish jackass. If he can do all that he can do stuff with you and the kids. Hang in there.
kjfamily
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Are you the one who had to fight your ex mil to get your oldest son back and you left your husband etc?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)