Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
SO Had his surgery a week ago and he's up moving around and refuses to take his meds for pain. So he's irritable.
He's left the house many times for store runs, his friends house, whatever.
I can't leave the kids with him because he can't lift them. He didn't participate at Easter with my mom, he stayed home (he misses every holiday with the kids except baby's birthday in January).
So, he can leave the house (just did just now) whenever he wants (like always) and now I can't leave the kids here because he's on a lift restriction to 8lbs.
I just want to cry. I want out of the house without the kids for a bit... I'm also on my period so maybe I'm just being a big baby...
But I really am needing a break.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Replies (41-50):
Paranoai
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM

and you sound like a genius

Quoting hp2011:

So what do you sound like?
Because IMO you sound mean.

Quoting Paranoai:

oh she sounds like a winner

Quoting Anonymous:

So you're back with the guy who treated you like shit and abused you before?

Quoting hp2011:

Lmao what? The baby is ours together. he missed every "first" holiday with him.

Quoting Anonymous:

They aren't his kids. So realistically hes not obligated to participate, or be responsible for them. Sucks, but it is what it is. Maybe find a day drop in daycare.

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:20 PM
So since I want to TRY to keep my family together I'm bad? No... I am not the. kind of woman to give up unless I know I've tried every thing.

Quoting Paranoai:

Sounds like you know how to pick them

Quoting hp2011:

Yeah... I established that we did counseling for several months and eventually got back together quite a while ago. The verbal abuse has stopped but he's still a dick.he has made huge improvements, and I wasn't ready to throw in the towel just yet. its just little shit now like the post I made now and little bickers and disagreements.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting Anonymous:

They aren't his kids. So realistically hes not obligated to participate, or be responsible for them. Sucks, but it is what it is. Maybe find a day drop in daycare.

Devious103102
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:20 PM

1-how old are the kids? Do they NEED to be picked up? Can't he just sit on the floor and cuddle them if need be?

2-just because he's never done those things growing up doesn't mean he shouldn't participate now, esp where his CHILDREN are involved, I think that's really jacked up.

3-I think it's even more jacked up that he's off running around doing whatever he wants and using his surgery as an excuse not to help you or be with his kids. 

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:21 PM
I'm not surprised, just sick of it. he's not all bad. he stuck with me through a lot and I'm trying do to the same and keep my family together.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not sure why you're surprised then.

I mean it wasn't a secret he was a lazy douche before. In a way I'm surprised you didn't expect this. It was fairly clear to a lot of us then that you deserved better. I think that still holds true.

Quoting hp2011:

Yeah... I established that we did counseling for several months and eventually got back together quite a while ago. The verbal abuse has stopped but he's still a dick.he has made huge improvements, and I wasn't ready to throw in the towel just yet. its just little shit now like the post I made now and little bickers and disagreements.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting Anonymous:

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:22 PM
4 & 1
And that's exactly how I feel

Quoting Devious103102:

1-how old are the kids? Do they NEED to be picked up? Can't he just sit on the floor and cuddle them if need be?

2-just because he's never done those things growing up doesn't mean he shouldn't participate now, esp where his CHILDREN are involved, I think that's really jacked up.

3-I think it's even more jacked up that he's off running around doing whatever he wants and using his surgery as an excuse not to help you or be with his kids. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:24 PM
I get it. Minus the abuse factor here, I'm in the same position. Its fucked.

Quoting hp2011:

I'm not surprised, just sick of it. he's not all bad. he stuck with me through a lot and I'm trying do to the same and keep my family together.

Quoting Anonymous:

I mean it wasn't a secret he was a lazy douche before. In a way I'm surprised you didn't expect this. It was fairly clear to a lot of us then that you deserved better. I think that still holds true.

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting Anonymous:

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Indeed. He hasn't called me any names in a year, he just still think he does no wrong and runs shit.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting Anonymous:

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Mama, I have read your previous posts. Just go. He is a jerk and you need a break.

Quoting hp2011:

Its supposed to be this weekend and considering he's out hanging out with his friends he should be okay enough to leave alone... hope I can go :/

Quoting AF2011:

Did you ever go on your mini vacation or something like that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:28 PM

How does he have time to go "hang out" with friends? What do they do? We haven't "hung out" with friends since we were in college. We have shit to do...like take care of our children. Does this bother you? I mean apparently it does to some extent, but why not put your foot down?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Mmhmm I know all too well what that's like. Its really hard for me to deal with because I'm naturally the take charge, always fair person. Sucks, you almost feel trapped. Especially when the truth is it our child keeping me from saying fuck it all.

Quoting hp2011:

Indeed. He hasn't called me any names in a year, he just still think he does no wrong and runs shit.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN