Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Plastic

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I don't know much about credit cards. I'm 24 and have never had one because I firmly believe that if you don't have the money in your hands to buy something, then you don't need it. However, I'd like to get one with about a $300 limit on it or so for emergencies.

I was hoping you ladies could help me decide on which credit card to go with? My credit is phenomenal so I don't think I'll have any issues getting one.

Thanks in advance.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:04 PM

My best experience was one through my personal bank. No, not a debit card with a credit card logo, it's a traditional credit card. The interest rate was awesome and I got some perks as a bank member.

levansbx
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I use credit cards for travel points or other rewards, not to spend money I don't have.  I don't get anything for using cash, so why not get rewarded for spending money I'm already going to spend anyway?  I pay my bills in full every month and never carry a balance, because paying interest is a complete waste.  I recommend researching different cards to get the most for your money.  You'll get points/rewards for buying gas and groceries, etc.  Look into Chase, Amex, Discover...most of them offer something.

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:06 PM

what kind of things are on your credit report?

do you travel? what do you spend the most money on?

JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Capital one its pretty nice. You can also go on credit karmas website and you can fund your perfect card tho. You click like, how much toy want, credit scores accepted, no fees, etc..and they will sort them all for you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Thanks! I just read about a Discover card called 'Discover It'...? Where you get rewards for buying home improvement items. I won't ever do that so I guess I'll keep looking. Gas and groceries is probably what I'll use the card for the most. I never travel or anything so travel points wouldn't help me at all.

Quoting levansbx:

I use credit cards for travel points or other rewards, not to spend money I don't have.  I don't get anything for using cash, so why not get rewarded for spending money I'm already going to spend anyway?  I pay my bills in full every month and never carry a balance, because paying interest is a complete waste.  I recommend researching different cards to get the most for your money.  You'll get points/rewards for buying gas and groceries, etc.  Look into Chase, Amex, Discover...most of them offer something.

model1000mom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Talk to your bank first. They can give you a better deal than any where else.

alegna4
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:10 PM

i like my discover card. i only ever use it for emergencies and they dont hound me about anything. the only thing i ever get from them is a bill if i even have a balance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:11 PM
I don't know what's on my credit report, really. I didn't think I even had credit until I went to go get a loan and the loan officer just about pissed herself when she saw that I was only 19 and my credit score was so high. I have only ever had a Maurice's charge card and always paid off the full balance when I got my first bill. I had only done that a couple times, though.
I never travel and spend most of my money on groceries and gas.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

what kind of things are on your credit report?

do you travel? what do you spend the most money on?

levansbx
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:11 PM

There are some that give cash back I believe.  I don't have any but I know my parents do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks! I just read about a Discover card called 'Discover It'...? Where you get rewards for buying home improvement items. I won't ever do that so I guess I'll keep looking. Gas and groceries is probably what I'll use the card for the most. I never travel or anything so travel points wouldn't help me at all.

Quoting levansbx:

jesistar6910
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:11 PM

We got a credit card through our credit union. The rates were super low and the payments were taken out of our account. We also got some extra perks (like zero fees for paying with autopay, etc). It's awesome.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured